2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

OD puttom mod?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 06:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: OD puttom mod?

ORIGINAL: djdrew010

Isn't OD off the back of the tranny, like a quarter of the size with an extra gear in it? or is there more than one type?
OD is an additional gear ratio that is built into the transmission, not something that is slapped on the back.

ORIGINAL: riceh8r0512

If you want a similar option but third party there is always the B&M Shift Plus. Granted the shifts are a lot firmer then with an OEM Tow/Haul, but it would do the same thing. That's what they designed the Shift Plus for, towing. Plus it is a two wire hook up
B&M Shift Plus only works for 93-98 trucks.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:54 AM
riceh8r0512 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

ORIGINAL: riceh8r0512

If you want a similar option but third party there is always the B&M Shift Plus. Granted the shifts are a lot firmer then with an OEM Tow/Haul, but it would do the same thing. That's what they designed the Shift Plus for, towing. Plus it is a two wire hook up
B&M Shift Plus only works for 93-98 trucks.
Not to argue with you, because the package does say 93-98 trucks, but if you read in theinstructions it says any vehicle with the M30or MT1RPO option. I just installed one on my buddies 2001 S-10, their directions only show up to those years, but you can still use it, works like a charm.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It may work, but the programming was changed in 1999 on the 4L60E as well as some updates to the valve body. It very well may work, but may not be reliable in the long haul, hence why B&M does not endorse its use on 99 and later 4L60E equipped vehicles. There is always a reason for manufacturers to leave off model years.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:33 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I was looking at getting one from Jigg, and emailed him. If I recall, the write up on how to install the Shift Plus is on a 01 ZR2. Also I emailed B&M and they said it will work, but has not been tested extensively enough to include the model year.

So we should file that under 'use at your own risk'

Old 08-18-2008, 02:42 PM
riceh8r0512 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

It may work, but the programming was changed in 1999 on the 4L60E as well as some updates to the valve body. It very well may work, but may not be reliable in the long haul, hence why B&M does not endorse its use on 99 and later 4L60E equipped vehicles. There is always a reason for manufacturers to leave off model years.
Would that explain why his would shift so much harder than mine? I mean mine gets it good, but it seems like his shifts so much harder. I thought it was weird that they would say all M30 RPO's but leave out models with it.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Administrator

That very well could explain it.