2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Oil Filter Location

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Charidy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oil Filter Location

I have a 99 4door Chevy Blazer. I am wondering were the oil filter is located.

Thanks once again for you help.
@}~~~`~~

Old 05-17-2005, 10:37 PM
shawn_dh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Oil Filter Location

I have a 98' S10 P/U and the oil filter is located just infront of the transmission. It can be approached from underneath the vehicle from the driver/front side. I would try looking there since our vehicles are very similar.

Old 05-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

blazers have them in front of the engine underneith. there is a door on the plastic cover under the engine that says "oil filter access" on it. turn the screw 90 degrees counter-clockwise and flip down the door. its right above it.

Old 05-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Charidy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! I will check it when my husband gets home. I am the smaller one so I get to be the one that crawls under.

Old 05-19-2005, 08:18 AM
Retired Admin

ha ha lucky you! luckly you wont have to crawl far, its right behind the bumper.

Old 05-19-2005, 09:52 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: zero psi

blazers have them in front of the engine underneith. there is a door on the plastic cover under the engine that says "oil filter access" on it. turn the screw 90 degrees counter-clockwise and flip down the door. its right above it.

Does that apply to older models too? I did an oil change and I had to pull off the air filter cover and bunch of stuff to get to the oil filter. I didn't think about looking underneeth, so if that is easier...

Old 05-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Administrator
Patrick has disabled reputation

some have remote oil filters too.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:32 AM
Retired Admin

im not sure about all older ones, but i did an oil change in a syclone and it was mounted behind the radiator support right on top. kinda dumb in my opinion. you get oil all over the place.

Old 05-20-2005, 09:30 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

well mine is right beside my air filter in a dumb spot...it's right behind the headlight right overtop of the driver's side tire basically...it's a pain in teh *** to change because you have to pull everything off...I was just hoping that maybe there was an easier way. Everyone used to make fun of my Volvo, but man, it was easy to work on...so much room in under the hood!

Old 05-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Administrator
Patrick has disabled reputation

that was what i thought...quite a few of them have the remote filter system, which is evidently supposed to keep the oil cooler, since it is away from the engine. but you would think that if it was that great of an idea, all of the performance cars would do that

Quick Reply: Oil Filter Location