2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

out of ideas

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 05:28 AM
Beginning Member
heartattack is on a distinguished road

numbers 2 and 4 look pretty good but the rest look washed, as in fuel leakage.
there was a guy on the forum with a similar problem, rough running e.t.c,
i think he changed his injectors.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:34 AM
Starting Member
myprixxx is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by heartattack
numbers 2 and 4 look pretty good but the rest look washed, as in fuel leakage.
there was a guy on the forum with a similar problem, rough running e.t.c,
i think he changed his injectors.

Well I found this thread:

https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...n-65638/page7/

I know a different engine, but similar problems.

My problem is that my blazer seems to still hold pressure fine. So I am unsure where/how I could be leaking

Old 01-09-2012, 05:38 AM
Beginning Member

his name is toby hanson and he changed the fpr and spider
sorry i don't know how to put his thread here
his also passed a leakdown and static pressure test but leaked under engine pressure

Last edited by heartattack; 01-09-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:48 AM
Starting Member

That is what I was wondering, was if it could mess up under pressure. I wonder if it is possible to test this.

Do you by chance know the name of his thread? I just copied and pasted the url to get that one in there.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:49 AM
Beginning Member

new injectors, new life.
its on the lower half of the 1st page, new posts.

Last edited by heartattack; 01-09-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by myprixxx
That is what I was wondering, was if it could mess up under pressure. I wonder if it is possible to test this.

Do you by chance know the name of his thread? I just copied and pasted the url to get that one in there.
New Injectors, New Life

Old 01-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Starting Member

So, I tried replacing the spider with one out of a known good truck. Got it in and everything installed, and started it up. For the first time in over a year it ran, and idled all by itself. It was idling around 500 rpm but it had a terrible miss still. Plugged the scanner in and it showed a huge number of misfires on cyl 6. I pulled the cyl 6 plug wire and it got no worse so I figured maybe a bad plug in there. My buddy came out and started it pu and said it sounded like I had two wires crossed. Cyl 3 and 1 were on wrong since he had labeled them wrong coming of the distributor (labeled 1,3,5 instead of 3,1,5) and I had plugged them back in incorrectly. Tried to start it back up and now it runs the same as before. No idle, nothing. Buddy took it for a drive down the road and said there is absolutely no power there. he had to put it in 4LO just to get over the hills to get it back to the shop.

Why would it run seemingly better on 3 cyls than 6? (6 unplugged and 3/1 wires crossed)?

Why would I have less power than before?

Old 01-13-2012, 04:01 AM
Beginning Member

it might be worth swapping the plug caps back to where you thought it was wrong
(where it ran) then look at the other bank of cylinders to see if you might have a plug cap on wrong on that side, try swapping them around, you never know.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:57 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by heartattack
it might be worth swapping the plug caps back to where you thought it was wrong
(where it ran) then look at the other bank of cylinders to see if you might have a plug cap on wrong on that side, try swapping them around, you never know.
Not sure what you mean? Keep switching around plug wires to see if I get a setup that works better than it does now?

Old 01-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by myprixxx
So, I tried replacing the spider with one out of a known good truck. Got it in and everything installed, and started it up. For the first time in over a year it ran, and idled all by itself. It was idling around 500 rpm but it had a terrible miss still. Plugged the scanner in and it showed a huge number of misfires on cyl 6. I pulled the cyl 6 plug wire and it got no worse so I figured maybe a bad plug in there. My buddy came out and started it pu and said it sounded like I had two wires crossed. Cyl 3 and 1 were on wrong since he had labeled them wrong coming of the distributor (labeled 1,3,5 instead of 3,1,5) and I had plugged them back in incorrectly. Tried to start it back up and now it runs the same as before. No idle, nothing. Buddy took it for a drive down the road and said there is absolutely no power there. he had to put it in 4LO just to get over the hills to get it back to the shop.

Why would it run seemingly better on 3 cyls than 6? (6 unplugged and 3/1 wires crossed)?

Why would I have less power than before?
put the plug wires back how they were 1,3,5 and leave them at that as it obviously runs/ticks over better,
then put the other plug wires at 2,4,6 and try running the engine like that to see if it gets better, if not try swapping the 2,4,6 around.
it sounds like you've got your plug leads mixed up

Last edited by heartattack; 01-13-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Quick Reply: out of ideas