2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

park brake help

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 11:06 AM
rickcald is an unknown quantity at this point
Default park brake help

Hello, I have been trying to get my parking brake to hold on my 1999 blazer, 4dr,v-6,4wd, I took apart the rear workings of the lot, the little shoe setup looks pretty poorly, anyway I cant get it to hold, thanks for any help.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:19 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: park brake help

Replace the shoes, until you do adjusting them won't be very effective!!!

Old 04-01-2007, 10:57 PM

Thank you, I will replace the shoes, I have priced them they are not cheap, anyway its the wifes car so I have too keep it right, thank you for your help, Rick.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:21 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I see how expensive they are and I am amazed that the so called best engineers in the world came up with cheaply designed overly expensive emergency brake system. No wonder people end up buying Honda, Toyota or Hyundai...

Old 04-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: 20Blazer00

...I am amazed that the so called best engineers in the world came up with cheaply designed overly expensive emergency brake system. No wonder people end up buying Honda, Toyota or Hyundai...
Honestly, how does that help? Please keep the comments on topic.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:56 AM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

Is the parking brake pedal ratcheting mechanism working?

Old 04-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Starting Member
pilgrim is an unknown quantity at this point

Deleted due to erroneous info.....

Old 04-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This is for the internal drum parking brake of a disc brake rear end. And yes, it is expensive!!

Old 04-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Starting Member
pilgrim is an unknown quantity at this point

AHHHH!! My bad. Thanks for the clarification!

Old 04-02-2007, 10:47 PM

yes the pedal is ratcheting, but I have been thinking, I do all this with the car raised from the frame rail, so the axel is hanging down, thats not so smart is it?, I should be raising it from the axel, as this wont pull the cables tight! am I on the right road? boy I dont feel much like the sharpest knife in the block.

Quick Reply: park brake help