2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Park Break Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by packofqtips
the brake light will also come on when the master cylinder is low on fluid have you checked that yet
That's what I said but guess nobody wanted to pay attention to me what do I know I'm only 19 lol.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:20 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

i saw that maybe they need 2 people to say it before they begin to realize that that light does more than just the e brake

Old 12-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

My initial read through the OP left the impression that it was parking brake related and that his messing with the brake lever made the light initially go out. That's why I didn't mention it much further.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Starting Member

Ah oh well that makes sense kyle. Still probably something he should look at just to be sure haha.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:28 PM

He said it went out when he slowed down not when he released the lever

Old 12-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

In the end, so long as the guy gets his problem repaired, who cares!! LOL

I have been ignored MANY times before. You get used to it. Most of the time, I just stop responding to the thread figuring that if the OP didn't want to listen, why should I keep stating the same thing over and over again.

And I said on my initial read through the OP. Reading back through it now, that is more apparent. And in my defense, what my email log shows is different than the post reads now so things could have changed from my first read through. It certainly is nothing to get your britches in a bunch over!

Old 12-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Starting Member

Hey I'm already used to being ignored not necessarily on this site just being ignored in general. Hey as long as he pays good enough attention his rig will be fixed eventually. If all else fails, take the bulb out of the dash haha!

Hey I gotta be wearing britches in order to get them in a bunch!

Old 12-28-2009, 01:37 PM

i just want him to check the fluid, if hes driving around thinking that light is on because of an ebrake issue and doesnt realize hes leaking brake fluid hes just an accident waiting to happen

Old 12-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Starting Member

It doesn't necessarily mean there is a leak but a good possibility. You figure as the brake pads wear down the caliper will have to be pressed further and further out, thus requiring more brake fluid to fill the empty space.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by 1oldK5
It doesn't necessarily mean there is a leak but a good possibility. You figure as the brake pads wear down the caliper will have to be pressed further and further out, thus requiring more brake fluid to fill the empty space.
your right i was just saying worst case

Quick Reply: Park Break Problem