2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

passenger door...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 07:53 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default passenger door...

Well, I know what my problem is..... when I open my right front door, it drops like maybe 1/16-1/8 of an inch. Not bad, but I know if it goes unfixed it will only get worse.... where do I find a door pin and or door pin bushing kit?

Old 01-08-2007, 08:09 PM
MNHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: passenger door...

What causes this is the bushings. You can get them from the Auto Part stores or from just about any supplier.

I know for the 95 to 97 rear doors the part number is: (Napa number) 675-5164
(Doorman Help) part #38419

I am sure if you look at the dealership they can get you just the bushings also. Rare that the pins are bad unless the bushings are pretty much gone/missing.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Beginning Member
smokey94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Florida Auto Fastener on ebay has them

Old 01-08-2007, 08:12 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

any clue how much they are??

Old 01-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Beginning Member
smokey94 is an unknown quantity at this point

They are around $20

Old 01-08-2007, 08:30 PM

The Napa ones were $7 each avg. of $10 to $15 per set (due to needing two per door)

There are cheaper ones out there. But the ones I got came from Chevy parts counter (I know the counter person at Napa and he told me they got it faster from them over waiting for the warehouse to ship to the store). So could had saved a buck or two by getting them from the dealership (2 blocks away from part store).

Old 01-08-2007, 08:40 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen the pins wear out too, but the bushings are pretty much shot by the time the pin starts to wear. There are actually four bushings per door (2 per hinge) and there are 2 different bushings in each hinge. So there are 2 different part numbers and you will need 2 of each.

You will also need two pin retainers ....probably a couple of dollars each.....any Chevy dealer SHOULD have all of this stuff on their shelf.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:10 PM

Yea, the kit comes with 2 bushings, 1 pin, 1 washer. The retainers are simple E-Clips on most of them ($0.20 at most local hardware stores).

Need 2 kits per door

Sorry if it was not specific, sometimes my typing can get confussing even to myself

Old 01-30-2007, 10:14 PM
blazer99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same problem on my '99 driver's door...I have the parts and hinge spring compressor. Can you offer any advice on replacing the pin or is it as easy as knocking it out with a hammer? (so i've been told) How did you support the door? Thanks!!!

Old 01-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you have a door hanger, you'll need to have an extra set of hands to help steady the door on top of a jack. Then yeah, you'll hammer out the old pin and the old bushings. I then used a socket, some washers, and a bolt to 'press' the new bushings into the hinge bracket. Reposition the door and slide the lubricated pins home.

Quick Reply: passenger door...