2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Passenger Side Power Seat Failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 06:51 PM
doudna is on a distinguished road
Default Passenger Side Power Seat Failure

Hello all,

I am have recently come across a problem with my 2000 Blazer, Trailblazer 4x4. I have power seats in my Blazer and the passenger side movement controls have recently failed.
I have read that there is most often a corroded point where three orange wires connect somewhere under the floor mats. I removed the plastic trim from around the door on both the drivers and passengers side and tried to lift the carpet. Apparently it is glued down to foam below it and that to the floor. Before I tore all of this up to look for the connection, I was hoping that someone knew where that connection might be a little more accurately. Does someone know where this is?

I have also checked the connections in the switch itself and they all seem to be tight.

If there is something else that I can look at, please feel free to post that as well.

Thank you all,

doudna

Old 07-11-2010, 12:03 AM
doudna is on a distinguished road
Default Solution

Hello all,

I have found the solution to my problem and am posting it if anyone else has the same problem.

The problem with the seat was corrosion of the positive wire under the drivers seat where they split. To fix this problem, I had to remove the drivers seat and pull up the carpet on that side back to the rear seats. The electrical tape needed to be removed and the wires spliced, cleaned, and soldered back together.

My problem went a little farther than that and there was water under the carpet. I removed all of the seats and the carpet. In order to dry the pads under the carpet, it had to be left out and dried for three days. Since I had it all torn apart, I took some pictures for those who might want to see where the wiring is.

Best of luck for the rest of you,

doudna
[IMG]file:///F:/DCIM/100SSCAM/SDC10733.JPG[/IMG]

Attached Thumbnails Passenger Side Power Seat Failure-blazer-floor.jpg   Passenger Side Power Seat Failure-blazer-floor-2.jpg