General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Auto Drivers side window,to auto passenger side window. possible??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default Auto Drivers side window,to auto passenger side window. possible??

have a question about my 97, but pertains to all second Gen blazers with power windows. Is the Auto all the way down in drivers side window in the switch or in the wiring???? I want to make the passenger side auto all the way down as well. could this be really simple, and just put a new switch in it, if I can find one????

any help would be appreciated

Old 06-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Auto Drivers side window,to auto passenger side window. possible??

I'll check into that when I get some time. I know on some of the older GM vehicles with this option, it was a module in the door that controlled the express-down feature. What I am unsure of is if this is the same way they do it now or if this is controlled by the BCM. If it is internal to the BCM, you may not be able to extend it to do the passenger side window without some creative wiring.

Well, did a quick search through alldatadiy.com and found that there is an express down module that would have to be wired in for the passenger window. I need to look at the diagram alittle more to figure out if you would install this into the driver's door or the passenger door. Looks like the passenger door right before the window motor.

I'll get back to you on how it needs to be wired.

Old 06-24-2006, 01:04 PM
smdepew1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to be off topic but I like how the Euro windows also will auto roll up.....anyway to wire blazers up to do that too?

Old 06-24-2006, 01:53 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: smdepew1976

sorry to be off topic but I like how the Euro windows also will auto roll up.....anyway to wire blazers up to do that too?
The reason that U.S. windows don't Auto roll-up is that to many young kids were getting injured by climbing on the doors to look out the windows and getting chocked or killed by the feature so the feature had to be removed.

Old 06-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: smdepew1976

Looking at the wiring diagram, without the internal specs of the express-down module, I do not know if it is possible. It maybe possible if you were to isolate the express-module and tailor its outputs to correspond with it's inputs.

Now after looking at the schematics a bit more... The express down module is part of the master door lock / window switch, but I cannot tell if it is part of the switch itself or part of the circuit board inside... To be able to use the express down feature on the passenger side, you would have to disassemble the switch pack and add the circuitry for another express down module (if possible), or add in a descriminatory circuit that when the driver's side switch is in use, the module will be dedicated to the drivers side and vise-versa. Only problem with the descriminatory circuit would be that you could only use one side at a time as the use of the other would cancel whatever the module was in progress of doing.

I was really hoping that this was a separate module as it would have made it very easy to add, but without pulling a master switch apart and seeing what's inside... It would be difficult. But you've peaked my interest with this one.

Old 06-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

wow,hoped it wouldn't be all that difficult, but it is still something that I am thinking about. THanks for all your detective work and let me know what else you find, might just start tearing it apart and see what happens.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Administrator

I would already have had my master switch out if my bravada were outside. Right now it's down at my dad's waiting for me to change the coolant and possibly put in new intake manifold gaskets. I'm curious now too!

I know on the dodge intrepids, it was just as simple as putting in a duplicate drivers switch. Lets hope!

Old 07-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Whittaker is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I just happen to have a definitive answer to both questions. Yes you can have an express down on the passenger side window, and yes you can have express up on both windows as well.

How do I know ? Because I'm driving a brand new Caddy CTS for the weekend, and it has BOTH express down and express up on BOTH the driver and passenger front windows.

Track down an electrical schematic and all should become clear.

Old 07-10-2006, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Whittaker, there is a HUGE difference between vehicles that are made with this feature and those that are not. I have express down on both the front windows in my Bonneville and the feature is controlled (ie turned on or off) in the BCM. The Blazer express down feature is controlled by a module installed in the drivers side master switch. There is no room for another board in there unless you were to seriously modify the housing.

Can it be done? Well, ofcourse, anything can be done with enough motivation. Is it practical? Um... Not in my book.

Old 07-12-2006, 04:18 AM
Whittaker is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Whittaker, there is a HUGE difference between vehicles that are made with this feature and those that are not.
That's why I responded to the question "Is the Auto all the way down in drivers side window in the switch or in the wiring?" with:

"Track down an electrical schematic and all should become clear"

I gotta admit I was very surprised to see the express up on the Caddy, as like '20Blazer00' mentioned, I too thought all the American companies had nixed it for safety reasons.