2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

This post is for Pro-challenge

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 12:38 AM
crazyfrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This post is for Pro-challenge

I have a Chevrolet Blazer ZR2 1998
Iswap the engine for 1997 but after this swap i have many problems :
The fuel light and gage are inoperative
The Temp gage are inoperative and this morning the fuel pump stop towork but i have check the wire and continuity and no power + on the wire of the fuel pump.
I try to change the cluster but nothing change and i believe what'shappen it'sa technical service bulletin #3777 sequence #10018585 (but i don'tnow how to fix)or i suspect when i swap the engine all the sensor are not compatible with the VCM/PCM

but i'm loose if you can help me please.

(I'm so sorry formy poor englishbecause i don't practice enough time)

Thanks to read

Old 07-03-2008, 08:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: This post is for Pro-challenge

You should have been able to reuse your ECT (engine coolant temp) sensor, exhaust manifolds, y-pipe, O2 sensors, etc from the old motor onto the '97 motor.

I do not think that any sensor problems are what is causing these issues though. Sounds almost as though you have a ground problem. Did you make sure to hook up all of the grounds in the engine compartment after the new engine was dropped in?

Old 07-03-2008, 09:47 AM
crazyfrog is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok thanks a lot but do you think that I've damage the VCM / PCM[/align]

Old 07-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No way to tell yet. You need to check and make sure that all of the grounds are connected properly and work from there.