2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

power window motor problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 06:08 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

well I tried direct wiring it from the battery and it still will not function in the up direction but works going down. When I pull it off of the door it works in both directions just fine????I do not understand what the hell is going on......It is acting like it is grounding out or something when I touch the motor to the door but like I said before it works in the up direction so If it was a ground problem or something of that nature then wouldnt it prevent it from working at all in both directions????? Please can anyone give me an idea of what could be going on???Even if its just a guess I would appreciate it because I am out of ideas and I cant get the damn window up???

Old 10-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

How about powering it from a separate battery?

If the wire/pin that is normally grounded when commanded down is grounded all of the time, the window would never go up. From the wiring diagrams I posted above, the brown wire gets grounded when the window is commanded down and should get +12V when commanded up. If this remains grounded all of the time, it wouldn't go up at all.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:51 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

I havent tried from a seperate battery, what would that matter since everything else is still working? I directly hookied it to the optima yellow top I have in the blazer. I understand how the powering works on it I just cant figure out what the hell is making it not work, do you think that if I just isolated the motor from touching the regulator as much as possible that would be okay since it only doesnt work when touching metal..

Old 10-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Using a separate battery would take the ground loop out of the equation. Different battery = different ground.

You could try isolating the motor.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Beginning Member
meatbag is on a distinguished road

I sure wish people would post the FIX, if and when it happens.
Did anything WORK?
Or did you just hang a garbage bag over it, and give up?
Sorry.... mine is frustrating me greatly.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Beginning Member
garry1970 is on a distinguished road

I m having a similiar problem on my 2000 blazer.
Today wheni rolled my windows down to let heat out, they wouldn't go up.
Eventually i was able to get three up .
The right rear will not go up .
My main switch will allow me to roll the 2 front and LR .
None of tthe passenger swiitches sre allowing any up or down.
I have checked what i believe were the fuses and relay .
Does anyone know on a 2000 4x4 wher exactly i need to check as far as fuses and relays pertain?
Name ,location, amp. it would be so appreciative .
Hopefully Thanx in Advance ...Blazrfrms Rox.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Beginning Member
meatbag is on a distinguished road

I eventually figured mine out. it was the motor AND the switch.

As for YOURS.... I'd say LUBE EVERYTHING!

Can you hear the motor working? Or is it just dead silent?

I went at mine, replacing things until it worked. This is probably not the best way to go. But I have NO talent with electrical gremlins.

Good luck with it!

maybe someone smarter than me will post a reply.

Peace!

Old 08-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Beginning Member

no no sound or anything , switch is dead at main and soor .. and switches are dead at all doors except main for the other 3 .. i dunno .. i just know everything that i didnt know how to do . i found out how to in the Blazer forums so i'll be patient . I'll figure it out and i have a garge for her to chill in ..lol..

Old 08-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Beginning Member

well i took panel off and it felt like my wires may have been in the roller gears .. not sure but still no luuck with it rolling up. so i took the advice from earlier post and ran 2 wires from my battert to motor . rolled up and down with no resistance , so the motor is good . but i still am only able to use main switch . the rest are still dead . but my windows is up for now and im a little bit relieved . Once again thanx to the Blazer Forums , and it awesome members . So glad i found the forums .

Old 08-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Beginning Member

Ook... so get this .. today my niece wanted taco bueno mmm so we hea up there , her in back chikd seat . I have asked her not to touch that switch because it wouldnt roll back up. She is lik uh-huh uncle Garry ...look and procedes to work the window like no bodys business ..LOL I guess i owe her a service call fee ??? lol . it appears that these blazers have minds of their own at times ..