2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Project WTF To Do

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Beginning Member
chris.niemann84 is on a distinguished road
Default Project WTF To Do

finally got my 4.3 back in, did the flip hood while the motor was out (THANKS GUYS, THE WRITE UP ON HERE TOOK CARE OF IT ALL, I LOVE IT!!) I just have to fix a few stops so it quits chewing up my bumper with the hood latch! anyway, that's done, back plastic around the windows is finally sanded down and i'm about to seal those and paint them. Now I run into 2 problems that asks "WTF To Do"

1. Guys with bigger feet (mines a 12) HOW THE HELL DO YOU FIT YOUR FEET BETWEEN THE BRAKE AND THE GAS?????? its a 95 2dr auto 2wd, my foot fits but when you take off the gas and switch to the brake like during rushour traffic, my work boots keep catching the lip on the brake not allowing me to get on the brakes quickly, it does it to my tennishoes too, not as bad, but it does, so ya'll out there with BIG FEET what have you done, or what can i do??

2. as mentioned above, this thing is 15yrs old already... seat belt used every day, so how the heck do i get the retract spring inside of it to pull the seatbelt back like it use to in 1995? everytime i undo my seatbelt i have to help it all the way back up to the stop or it gets caught in my door, please tell me there is a way of fixing this!!

3. and finally, is the column shift to the floor shift really as easy as it sounds? found a few at the JY and its only $30 for it all..... REALLLLLY want to do it cause I hate column shifters, but don't want to go through 200hrs of trouble, i understand the directions in the write up to a T and it all makes sence to me, i'm just wondering if its as easy as the flip hood?

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE, EVERY TIME I GET ON HERE YOU GUYS KICK *** WITH THE HELP!! SORRY IT WAS SO LONG, JUST WANTED TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING SO I CAN GET ANSWERS AND NOT MORE QUESTIONS!!

YA'LL HAVE A GOOD WEEK! AND THANK YOU!!

Old 06-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

1) Pull your foot straight back and then move it over to the brake.

2) Buy new or less used seat belts that have functional retractors. You may be able to remove yours, clean/lube them, but I would be careful not to get anything on the seatbelts themselves or you could make a bigger mess.

3) It depends on your level of experience and what you have available to you. It should be able to be done in a weekend by someone that knows there way around these vehicles.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Beginning Member
chris.niemann84 is on a distinguished road

know my way around fairly well IMO, as for the foot thing, that is what i do, and as i stated, my foot gets caught..... as for the seat belt... well, i was hoping for a "tension bolt" in there somehwere LOL