2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Question about MFI conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 07:15 PM
catmech is on a distinguished road
Default Question about MFI conversion

I'm doing the MFI conversion on a 98 two door blazer,I got the Standard Motors FJ503 unit,the instructions that come with it says the injector tubes
should be oriented away from the regulator end but is shipped pointing towards the regulator end,do you twist the tubes to reposition them? Do you have to loosen the two nuts first?Any help on this would be appreciated.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Just twist them into the proper orientation. The plate just holds the plugs into the bottom of the main body. The seal is provided by o-rings. They will move.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Beginning Member
josephdstone is on a distinguished road

does that conv. give any benefits if you are experiencing no codes or problems?

Old 10-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Not really. If you keep the SCFI poppets clean, it'll last for a good long while.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Beginning Member

What kind of cleaner do you guys use to keep them clean? The only kind that I normally use is Marine Sta-Bil for my boat and jet ski. Not sure if it would work so well with a car engine.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Administrator

I put a 20gal treatment of Chevron Techron Fuel System Treatment Plus into all my fuel injected vehicles at every oil change.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks if that is the tried and true method for you i'll start at that, i have about 170k on it.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Ryanmatt135 is an unknown quantity at this point

what is the part number for the mfi injector assembly and how much does it cost? i need to do this to my truck but my local dealer is saying that he cant find the conversion part number, just the part number for the poppet valve injector assembly and they want $450 for that.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ryanmatt135
what is the part number for the mfi injector assembly and how much does it cost?
"MFI+part+number" should turn up that info. Putting 'swartlkk' in as the author with that keyword will narrow things down even further. Check the 2nd link.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:50 PM
catmech is on a distinguished road

I got the Standard Motor Products part number FJ503 from Rock Auto and they're showing it for 233.79 plus shipping it also comes with the new bracket and o-ring seal also.