2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Quick Question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 12:44 PM
jkcizbck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick Question!!!

I know this may sound stupid but where the heckis the underhood fuse box located on a 96 blazer. It's not my car and I don't know where anything is. I looked for it under the hood but I can't seem to find it.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:47 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Quick Question!!!

Should be drivers side, behind the washer fluid tank, up against the fender. Plain black box cover, with big red power wire on the front of it.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:56 PM

thanks, got it

Old 08-25-2008, 01:01 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

no problem

Old 08-25-2008, 01:11 PM

is it required to remove the washer fluid tank to get to it? I can't really see it by looking down there. I thought I did but I was wrong :-/

Old 08-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I do not believe the underhood fuse box was used until 1998. The main fuse box is located off the driver side of the dash, accessible with the driver door open.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:20 PM

well in that case no wonder I can't find it lol, any idea where i can find an ac compressor relay then?

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

i'm trying to troubleshoot the ac system, i read abour jumping the pins to get the clutch to engage but i can't find it.

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please use the edit feature to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Consult the rules of the forum for an explanation and PM me with any questions, comments, and/or concerns with this matter.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:21 PM

i'm trying to troubleshoot the ac system, i read abour jumping the pins to get the clutch to engage but i can't find it.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have my references at my disposal at work, but I believe it is located behind the glove box.

You can force the clutch on another way though. Make up a wire jumper to connect both sides of the low pressure switch connector that is located on or near the accumulator/filter/dryer on the passenger side of the motor (~3" diameter & ~8" tall canister). Connecting both pins in this connector should allow the clutch to activate.

If that does not work, then you can also supply power and ground to the connector on the clutch.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:33 PM

Thank you, i will definitely try that.

Quick Reply: Quick Question!!!