2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

R.Window wipers

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 03:51 PM
crater is on a distinguished road
Default R.Window wipers

2003 Blazer 2WD. So I will admit I am not too smart about electrical or mechanical work. Question is, why is the wiper and washer not working on the rear window and also where in the heck is the wiper motor located?

What tools do I need to check to see if it is getting juice or is there a better way to see if the motor is bad? The washer fluid tank is full.

Thanks in advance for any help

Old 01-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Starting Member
darknight is on a distinguished road

Is Ur truck 2 door or a 4 door

Old 01-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Tonyrodz is on a distinguished road

Alot of people on here have issues with their rear wipers. I also have issues with mine. Mine sounds almost like the gear might be stripped--but I replaced it once and had the same problem with the replacement, so I just left it alone.
The rear wiper motor is in the tail gate--it's connected to the wiper arm itself.
I guess you can get a volt meter or a continuity tester--more simple and much cheaper. Did you check your fuse 1st?
what's it doing or not doing?

Old 01-30-2012, 10:25 AM
crater is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I should have mentioned, it's a 2 door.

The wiper is doing nothing. Not moving and no washer fluid coming out when the button is pressed.

Thanks for any ideas on how to test.

Is the cover hard to remove and re-install? Looks like just a couple of screws holding it on....

Thanks again..

Old 02-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Beginning Member
BlackMatter is on a distinguished road
Default easy

i have a 4dr it's pretty simple to take off pop the panel off then some screws got to use a ratchet tho

Old 02-06-2012, 05:30 AM
Chuk Rhodes is on a distinguished road

The washer fluid pump is up front, in the fluid tank. You should hear it run when you press the switch.

My washer fluid is working, but the wiper isn't. So I plan to open the tailgate when I can. If two separate motors on the same switch aren't running, checking fuses and switch is probably quicker than opening the tailgate.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:56 PM

Is the switch getting power? Did you test it with a continuity tester? If not put some power to it to see what would happen.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Beginning Member
BlackMatter is on a distinguished road

hahaha. i took the time yesterday to take apart my tailgate and it was pretty easy and all but i took time with the motor. i found that it was rusted stuck... and it wouldn't move at all all i heard was a clicking sound. but now i think my pulse board has gone bad.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Tony H is an unknown quantity at this point

Very common problem.
Water gets down the shaft and into the tooth mechanism. You can take it apart, wire wheel and lube it up. Mine was seized when I bought the car. It's been fine for three years now.
If you P.M. me with your e-mail address, I have a few pics of what the unit looks like inside.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tony H
Very common problem.
Water gets down the shaft and into the tooth mechanism. You can take it apart, wire wheel and lube it up. Mine was seized when I bought the car. It's been fine for three years now.
If you P.M. me with your e-mail address, I have a few pics of what the unit looks like inside.
Can you post those pics here? I think alot of guys would be interested in them--including me! Mine also hasn't worked since 05! I hear it clicking and it used to work when I helped it along, now it doesn't even do that anymore!

Quick Reply: R.Window wipers