2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

radom vaccum line please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 01:55 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

The link didn't work for me. I'm sorry, I have to go.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:56 PM
Beginning Member
Truestance is on a distinguished road
Default random vaccum line please help

Here's the line going to fender

Old 01-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Beginning Member
Default random vaccum line please help

these are the photos hope they load

Attached Thumbnails radom vaccum line please help-vac1.jpg   radom vaccum line please help-vac2.jpg   radom vaccum line please help-vac3.jpg  
Old 01-17-2014, 02:12 PM

The last set of images loaded. But they didn't show the disconnected line. If you can, back up a little to show the overall view of the lines and point or hold the disconnected line. Your line to the Vacuum Tank in the fender looks to be connected fine.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:14 PM
Beginning Member

ok the first photo is the first t. all hoses go where they need. second photo is of second t. the bottom left hose goes back toward motor and the third photo is that hose coiled up so it can be seen for reference. so this must be the t case hose. should i just go get a longer hose and run it to t case. just so you are aware the t case was just pulled and new seal put in by a shop. would there by some fitting that could of pulled apart?

Old 01-17-2014, 02:25 PM

Hold on. If I am looking at it right, the disconnected hose goes to round black plastic check valve on on top of the intake right next to the driver's side rocker arm cover. But I'm going to go look at my truck.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:33 PM

If the first pic attached demonstrates the same line you have disconnected, then the second pic shows you where it goes.

Attached Thumbnails radom vaccum line please help-dscn0011.jpg   radom vaccum line please help-dscn0012.jpg  
Old 01-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Beginning Member

The larger hose in the first photo goes to the rocker arm cover. If you look at third photo on the right side there is a hose coiled up. It looks like it is coming out of the t to the left towards motor. It's probably easier for me to see it since I took photos. It has to be t case vac line that's the only thing that make sense. Every other hose is accounted for.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Beginning Member

Man your truck is clean. I drive on the dusty roads of Wyoming. I will get a zoomed out pic

Old 01-17-2014, 02:45 PM

Then yes, it probably goes to your Transfer Case Vacuum switch. There is a real long hose that (on my truck) routes over top of the Power Brake booster and disappears into the transmission tunnel. That's one that goes back to the transfer case. Normally there is not a splice...it's one long hose.

The way I see it, there are two things possible, both involve your recent Transfer Case work. Either some point, for some reason, someone put a splice in the hose that was pulled off when they remove the T-Case. Or, the ripped the hose when they removed the T-Case. Just to be sure, I would crawl under the truck and trace the hoses coming from the T-Case switch. There is three of them. The second diagram I sent you id's them. Just do some gentle tugging on the one heading up into the driver's side engine compartment and see if the other part of the hose comes down. That's the best I can tell you without being there.

Quick Reply: radom vaccum line please help