2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

re: Windshield wiper motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Beginning Member
ZR 2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Windshield wiper motor

Hey guys, had some bad luck this AM. After driving home in the rain I accidentally left the wipers on intermittent, so when I went to go start the Blazer this morning and the windshield was covered in frozen rain I didn't realize it till the passenger side wiper broke free, by this time it was to late and my driver's side wiper motordoesn't work. My question is: is each wiper on its own motor or is it on a pulley type system were thebelt may have slipped off itspulley ?(asking cause each time after the incident I try the wiper - I notice the wiper seems to move slightly) whats the time frame to replace the motor? any info. will be appreciated

thankx

Old 11-07-2007, 11:18 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: re: Windshield wiper motor

On my Blazer there is only one motor that operates both wiper arms through mechanical linkage arms, no belts involved. Fortunately for me I've had no reason to work on them, but I can't offer any repair advice because of that. I'm sure somebody here will be replying to you with more advice. BTW, it helps with advice if you put the vehicle information into your signature (see mine) so we can tell more about what type Blazer we're dealing with.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Beginning Member

done

Old 11-07-2007, 06:19 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

You might've just stripped the gears on the arm or on the part that the arm attatches to... Turn your wipers on, and see if you can see a little round part turning on the drivers side wiper, right at the bottom of the arm...

Old 11-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Beginning Member

Good news, all it was is the nut that holds the wiper down had loosened slightly (didn't think the motor was strong enough to loosen the wiper nut). Had to make a few small adjustments and re-tighten, pain in the @ss to get that plastic cap off though... to get too the nut

Old 12-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Phillips8201 is an unknown quantity at this point

My front wiper motor would make noise and rarely work. It seemed to work only a couple of times when it rained. I was going to replace the motor as I thought that was the problem. I just recently took my truck into my local Chevrolet dealership and had them replace the Intake Manifold gasket as I too lazy to do it myself. I asked them to give me aprice on the motor right away if that was the problem. They said it was the module soI optedmyself to pull the module out and resoldered two points that were cracked nowI have wipers!Saved the price of the module, which is around $45. Thanks for the how to!!