2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

really stupid....

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:50 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Fixing the position of the injectors shouldn't be that bad. You just have to take the manifold back off is all.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BresBlazy
just hope I didn't totally F it up
It won't run right, but I doubt you did any permanent damage.

Originally Posted by cbr995
Fixing the position of the injectors shouldn't be that bad. You just have to take the manifold back off is all.
LOL Is that all?

Old 09-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

LOL oohhhh thats NOT ALLLL....getting that fuel rail off is a B!!!! BUT as luck may have it...my hands are so small I can fit them inside the upper intake without taking it off....maynot have to if I can get them out carefully.....

8pm.....Truck time! I will be up ALL night thinking about it if I dont do it now.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the same way Bres. That's why I'm still up now... Trying to get some work stuff figured out before people bombard me with questions about it tomorrow. I'm also thinkin' about getting out into the garage and assembling the 3-cylinder Yanmar diesel engine I have in pieces on my work bench...

Old 09-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Starting Member

awesome!!!! I will let you know how this goes LOL

Old 09-08-2010, 10:03 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by swartlkk
It won't run right, but I doubt you did any permanent damage.

LOL Is that all?
I worded it wrong.
I know it's a big job. I should have said "Taking the whole upper manifold back off is the problem." Fixing the position of the injectors isn't bad, but taking the manifold off is a PITA.
Not my night...

Old 09-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Starting Member

awwww its ok....your not the idiot who put them in wrong and now has to re-do it! I got everything done.....now having a fing hell of a time getting the fuel lines back in....they JUST WONT GO! going back out to try again.....

Old 09-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Bent the lines up and out of the way instead of removing them completely didn't ya!

Old 09-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Starting Member

HAHAHAHA!!!!! NOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo

thought about it but NO! I mean I cant get the nuts in at the fire wall LOL

Old 09-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Administrator

I've seen too many people try to bend the lines!

Quick Reply: really stupid....