2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Rear hatch wont "pop"

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 01:46 PM
richiekeystone is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gdoak75
I have 2002 Blazer. The rear window won't unlock via the remote or the unlock button. The Dealership is quoting around $200 to fix the latch. Wondering if anyone has repaired the problem? Looks like the back tailgate panel will obiously need to be removed. Is there somewhere on the internet for instructions how to instructions?
I got lucky pulling the panel back enough to reach my hand down in there. There is a small rectangular shaped opening that i put my fingers in and pulled a little lever in there that popped the glass. i fixed mine with a peice of coat hanger. There is a plastic peice coming out of the release mechanism tht broke off. I drilled a hole in it and reconnected it with the coat hanger. Hope this may work for you.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:28 PM
terry s is on a distinguished road

For anyone whose rear window actuator works but the plastic piece has broken you don't have to buy the whole actuator or resort to a coat hanger.

NAPA Auto Parts part # 735-5970 You get 2 of plastic pieces and they look a little stronger than the factory piece. It was only a couple of bucks. Not sure what years it will fit but it worked on a 1997.

Last edited by terry s; 09-14-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:13 AM
richiekeystone is on a distinguished road
Default rear p/window actuator arm

Originally Posted by terry s
For anyone whose rear window actuator works but the plastic piece has broken you don't have to buy the whole actuator or resort to a coat hanger.

NAPA part # 735-5970 You get 2 of plastic pieces and they look a little stronger than the factory piece. It was only a couple of bucks. Not sure what years it will fit but it worked on a 1997.

Hey thanks for the info Terry. Mine is fixed for now with the coat hanger. Think I am gonna pick one up and just have it here in case it breaks again. Appreciate the info. God Bless. Richie

Old 02-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Gooch24 is on a distinguished road

newbie here, i have a 2000 blazer and i cant get the rear hatch to open with the key fob or interior latch or exterior latch, i hear nothing when i push release button. any ideas guys?

Last edited by Gooch24; 02-01-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-01-2011, 11:37 AM
terry s is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Gooch24
newbie here, i have a 2000 blazer and i cant get the rear hatch to open with the key fob or interior latch or exterior latch, i hear nothing when i push release button. any ideas guys?
Did you read the entire thread?

Old 02-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If the MIR/LKS fuse is good and the relay in the underhood fuse/relay center checks out ok and you still do not hear the actuator, then you either have a wiring problem or an actuator problem.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Gooch24 is on a distinguished road

thanks it was the MIR/LKS fuse.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Beginning Member
Jerb is on a distinguished road

dumb question....but what is the MIR/LKS fuse? where is it located? and yes i read this entire thread!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:22 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

MIR/LKS==mirror / locks.
The fuse is located with the rest of the fuses. The location of the rest of the fuses and whether or not you have this particular fuse depends on the year of your truck...

Old 04-21-2013, 07:36 PM
kennethharding2468@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Default bach hatch 96 blazer need help

lock makes noise but window will not open. how do i open and see whats up? is a hidden latch or botton? can it be opened with out :'+_!#@$% it up? THANKS KEN!

Quick Reply: Rear hatch wont "pop"