2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Removal of stock stereo

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Bodar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Removal of stock stereo

as previously stated i may be wrong about that. You would think that the color would match if it was stock. but the hole where the cover slides over is not cut into the plastic. either way the initial question resides. can i install a deck top mount into that slot for the 6-pack? Also should i or should i not disconnect the power wires to factory deck if i do install the HU in the center console? IDK i wanna rip it apart to see, but i like to have a wiring diagram at least to go on....

Old 02-24-2009, 10:17 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

The problem I see with putting a DIN radio in the center console hole is getting it to install nicely. Theres obviously no kit to get it in...and its not the same size as the changer.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:11 PM

measuring it out. it seems to be little diffrence. other than depth.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:40 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd bet 700trillion that is not stock!

Old 02-25-2009, 08:13 PM

Dear god, for the third and last time. I said that i may be wrong about it being stock. Do you read the other posts before commenting? Or are u still learning to read? Again, i dont remember hearing it but my wife says that the guy i bought it from said something about installing a 6-pack. I wasn't concerned about playing cd's when i was buying it. I was checking for leaks and wear to main components. Wolf pack, I bought the blazer with it installed so i dont really know what its like to have a center console i can use, and my 4runner has no creature comforts. So i doubt i would really notice. One thing i have not thought of is bass will rattle the console like mad i assume. More so than the dash, IDK. The original question resides. Anyone got that wiring diagram? i have searched and to no avail. I have the haynes manual for it but trying to decipher their wiring diagram is like watching a retard trying to ride a bike.....

Old 02-26-2009, 08:39 PM
flyinquack is an unknown quantity at this point

i may be wrong, but i do believe that most aftermarket stereos will not operate past a certain mounting angle. i read in one of my pioneer manuals a while back (yes, someone actually reads those) something about not to mount it past a certain angle with the ground.

why dont you just use the power, acc, and ground for the cd changer? if youre doing an amp setup anyway, you can just run your rcas right to the amps, if everything is getting amped. if not, just run new speaker wire for better quality. only other issue is the antenna wire, but you cang et longer ones. as for the factory radio, i would just unplug it.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:24 AM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

I am now betting another billion it is not stock

Old 02-27-2009, 07:05 PM

This is the info that is useful.

i may be wrong, but i do believe that most aftermarket stereos will not operate past a certain mounting angle. i read in one of my pioneer manuals a while back (yes, someone actually reads those) something about not to mount it past a certain angle with the ground.

thanks, im going to look into individual companies now and find the angles they say not to exceed.

and blzR, you should learn to have a actual reason to post in the threads. if you know nothing of what the OP asked then move on, is there mods on this site or what?