2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Safety Belts, Mysterious Buttons, Spare Tire Carrier & DIN Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Starting Member
blazerpower is on a distinguished road

you should be able to fit a double din in there but the only thing that might have it difficult is depth. get a good name brand one not like a jenson or dual or anything like that because the cheaper units are deeper than what they need to be and make it difficult to install correctly and look like it should be there. other than depth, the only other thing you need to deal with is making brackets to bolt it up and just adding some trim piece to the dash piece to make it look like thats what came in the truck.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Beginning Member
Crowley is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazerpower
you should be able to fit a double din in there but the only thing that might have it difficult is depth. get a good name brand one not like a jenson or dual or anything like that because the cheaper units are deeper than what they need to be and make it difficult to install correctly and look like it should be there. other than depth, the only other thing you need to deal with is making brackets to bolt it up and just adding some trim piece to the dash piece to make it look like thats what came in the truck.
the Unit we're looking at is an Eclipse AVN2227P double-DIN (http://www.eclipse-web.com/eu/en/avn...overviews.html )Its not very deep actually had me thinking it would just slot right in until finding out GM's brilliance carried thru into the Blazer with the DIN and a half interface. *facepalm* I almost want to ask them what they were thinking! jenson isn't half bad but had issues in my folks 97 Cheyenne skipping alot. and Dual I have eyed, but I'm in serious consideration of the Eclipse with the added benefit of the tomtom unit. It seems like it shouldn't be too difficult. Couldn't you just pick up a DD mounting bracket and add additional support? The ABS I'm unsure where to get to make it look like factory OEM.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Starting Member
blazerpower is on a distinguished road

i dont see a problem with that eclipse going in there. stay away from the jenson and dual units because they will break normally within a year. the reason you need to make brackets is because nobody makes brackets that will work on our blazers. what you might have to do with the abs is paint it but find a way to rough it up a little to try to match the grain. another option is to mold the trim ring into the dash by using fiberglass and kitty hair bondo and then repaint the dash. it really just depends on how much time and money you are willing to spend.