2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 10:42 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Hmmm, my pre cat has been out & no ill effects, but my 2002 isn't normal. The PCM has been tweaked beyond recognition, totally customized so I'm not sure.
Seafoam through the brake vacuum line should distribute it to all the cylinders. I have to check out what post Kyle said that because it sounds interesting & people should know, that's what the forum is about.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:49 PM
10-78 edac is on a distinguished road

Seafoam, I put it in everything, boat motor, lawn tractor, snow blower, chain saw, ....
the stuff works as advertized. I don't have to drain the gas out at the change of seasons.
First ran across it when my buddies boat came out of 5 years of storage, fresh gas and seafoam and it would sound better the more it ran. been using, and recommending it for over ten years now.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:08 PM
mrkevinmjr is on a distinguished road

see now i gotta get the cans and do it upstate cause there is no place around here ill be able to smoke out the streets legally when i blow the crap out lol

Old 03-22-2012, 11:09 PM

my thing is couldnt liquid in the vac line hydrolock an engine

Old 03-23-2012, 06:36 AM
spittybays

Yes! If you want to do it don't just stick the brake vac line in the container. Set a brick on the gas pedle so you have 1500 rpm and SLOWLY pour it in the line.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:39 PM

maybe i should get a water bottle with a squirt tip and allow it to slowly pour in ....

Old 03-23-2012, 03:18 PM
spittybays

They have the stuff with a hose and a clip on thingy if you can find it. Real unsure if it did any good, seemed to but I buy stuff from QVC. Nice to have someone to talk to at 3:00 AM.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:32 PM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point

HMMM! Seafoam can work... but have also seen cause sensor issues. Yes we have the carbon build problem on the 4.3s- but this has been happening in all small blocks since 1954! Simple fix(again from 1954) is Marvel oil! This product when added to fuel regularly lubes the total intake system and keeps this issue from occuring in the first place! Really! This is an amazing product! I have been using this for 35 years!

Old 03-23-2012, 08:25 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about
Old 03-23-2012, 08:51 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

This is what i could find from Swartlkk when i did a quick search but i swear he said something along the lines of the brake booster line only feeds the rear two pistons, i just cant find it.

But heres this:
Originally Posted by swartlkk
As far as the application of seafoam goes, here is the method I have used on the '96+ SCFI engines numerous times. Disconnect your MAF and IAT sensor. Remove the intake duct work from the air filter and from the throttle body. Dribble 2/3rds of the can down into the throttle body while keeping the engine running. With the last 1/3rd of the can, pour it in more quickly and allow the engine to stall (or shut it off). Let it soak in for 20-30 minutes and then run it like you stole it until the exhaust clears up. Then change your oil and plugs (or at least pull the plugs and check them - cleaning as necessary).

Quick Reply: seafoam