2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 10:39 PM
mrkevinmjr is on a distinguished road

It may just be easier to use the adapter in the intake but my cai might not fit the spray adapter cause its metal on metal. Not rubber.... might have to go through the booster...

Old 03-24-2012, 01:57 AM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mrkevinmjr
It may just be easier to use the adapter in the intake but my cai might not fit the spray adapter cause its metal on metal. Not rubber.... might have to go through the booster...
Good point..

Now that i think of it.. the brake booster line will get all the cylinders, it just wont get the front two very well because it comes in the back of the engine. But i guess thats why you need to keep your RPM's at about 2k so that it gets spread a little more evenly. So either way will work, and you will notice a difference. Or at least i did when i put it in my tuck. and i tried both ways.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:30 PM
mrkevinmjr is on a distinguished road

my thing is how slow do you pour it in cause i dont wana hurt the engine and exactly how much... some threads say half a bottle then put the other half in the oil ....

Old 03-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

I put 1/3 in the gas tank, 1/3 in the crankcase and the other 1/3 into the brake booster hose...The reason I do it through the booster hose is because the RPMs will jump to 2K due to the major vacuum leak. I pour it in slowly and as the can empties, I pour it in faster until it dies...Wait about 5-10 minutes and restart and watch the smoke show.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road

on my 2000 lt it will die as soon as i pull the brake booster line to seafoam it, any idea why?

Old 03-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Might have to do with OBD2...Not sure...

Old 03-30-2012, 06:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blazer_LT
on my 2000 lt it will die as soon as i pull the brake booster line to seafoam it, any idea why?
Massive vacuum leak.

On the 96+ trucks, disconnect the MAF sensor, pull the intake plenum off the throttle body, start the engine, & pour down the throttle body manually adjusting the throttle to keep it from stalling. Couldn't be easier.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:43 AM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Massive vacuum leak.

On the 96+ trucks, disconnect the MAF sensor, pull the intake plenum off the throttle body, start the engine, & pour down the throttle body manually adjusting the throttle to keep it from stalling. Couldn't be easier.
Pour slowly when you use this method please! lol not super slow but slow.

But i always thought the engine wont run very well at all if you take the plenum off the TB, or wait.. I guess thats why you need to disconnect the MAF huh..
(so the computer wont think the engine isn't getting any air when its running?)

Old 03-31-2012, 08:41 AM
Beginning Member
shablaze is on a distinguished road

I have a question about adding this to the gas tank....how often should it be added and is it best to do on an empty tank? What benefits have you all seen from adding this?

Old 03-31-2012, 03:33 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Massive vacuum leak.

Worked like a champ didn't even stall. Let it sit for15 and smoke up the neighbors. Major fog bank!

Quick Reply: seafoam