2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Should I replace my Spark Plugs, Wire Set and, Rotor Cap?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 07:51 AM
luke2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Should I replace my Spark Plugs, Wire Set and, Rotor Cap?

Your saying you have rough idle. When you replace all those parts, did it help the rough idle? How do you test the injector assembly, this seems to be getting worse as I get more info. I will replace the cap, rotor, plugs, wires, and fuel filter. I know that can't hurt and it will help in the end. Thanks for the info, keep it coming.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:36 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah it would probably be worthwhile doing the things you mentioned. It may not end up being the fuel spider any how. I would get AC Delco Plugs and then a good name brand wires, cap, and rotor. Some people swear by all AC Delco parts, but I have done fine with my AC Delco Plugs and Champion wires. I haven't replaced the cap or rotor yet, but will be looking into that this summer. Looks like I found an ACDelco Cap for $30.15 Here and a distributor rotor for $10.50 Here

Old 05-02-2008, 08:59 PM
sabre2up is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and I'm new here. I can't seem to figure out how to post a question but since it has to do with sparkplugs, cap and rotor I'll try here. I changed my plugs yesterday, 2000 Blazer 103,000and I bought it new. I have to say changing the plug behind the steering column was a challenge but finally got it. I was all set to change the sparkplug wires but I can't figure out how to open the blocks the wires run through. I thought the hard part was behind me but this has me totally frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I just got your PM (email notification was very slow today). Glad you got it figured out how to post atleast. The process is the same for a new thread, just click on the 'New Thread' link at the top and bottom of the appropriate forum section.

As far as the wire clips go, there is a latch at one end of the clip. A small flat head screw driver should do the trick for you. Work with which ever one you can get a good look at first and that will help with the other side.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:59 PM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get that cap from rockauto for 26.79 and the rotor for 8.61. Im not sure about the difference in shipping price though.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:49 AM
drummer98 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 1998 Chevy Balzer 4x4 and everytimeI put fuel in it there's a leak right at the rear in the evap hose-Purge valve
i have replacedthat valve,fuel filter And Gas Capas well and I Still have the same code p0452 'Pressure Sensor low input
Could the canister be the problem? I Don't know what Should I Do Next . thank you'all Guys For You Help.