2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Small backfire on '95 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Beginning Member
moldeck is on a distinguished road

Not my area realy, but it sounded like you may have had a plug wire not correct. your plugs should tell you if this is correct. A full batt. is important on these trucks.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:17 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wally72909
For sisk, there reason I double post is because i've only got maybe 4 replys back all together from 2 posts, and the replies that i got back didn't help at all.
That's beyond my point. Double posting is against the forum rules. End of story. This is regardless of how many replies you got in your previous posts.
You can revive an old post and get good answers if you provide new info. Most people (like myself) go through the posts by using the "new posts" feature which shows any new posts since your last visit to the forum. This includes old revived posts.
But, let's not make this into a bigger deal then it is. It's really not, I just want you to be aware that it is against the rules to double and (in your case) triple post problems. If you have new info, please keep it within one thread and revive and old one if necessary. People will respond to the new reply. Thanks

Old 01-12-2010, 02:35 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

If you smell gas at the intake and it's real strong, your fuel injection is probably leaking (still or again). When I had my upper intake off to change the fuel pressure regulator, before I put it back on I leak checked it using the fuel pump test port that you can supply 12 volts to and it will bypass everything and run the pump. That way you'll know if you have any leaks before putting it back together. Saved me twice because the PFR "O" ring wasn't quite seated just right. Don't know for sure if you truck has this port or not. Mine is a 94.
The reason I asked about what gaskets you changed was that some of these engines get final sealed with RTV and you might have a pretty good vacuum leak. Check out this website for fuel injection exchange. They are rebuilt and some guys at the junkyard want as much for used as these.
http://www.injectorwhse.com/servlet/...ion/Categories

Last edited by Gimpy Blazer; 01-12-2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Beginning Member
wally72909 is on a distinguished road

That is what I was thinking about while I was at school last night. So if I take the upper plenum off and hook up at 12 volt to the test lead, the pump will turn on anyways? And with the gaskets. When i redid them I put silicone everywhere. Anywhere a gasket was I put silicone on it. I made the mistake on my own car when i did the top end gaskets and ended up with one hell of an oil leak. Thanks for the feed back, I'll keep you updated.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

This lead direct to the fuel pump is called the "Fuel Pump Prime Connector" and on mine is in the vicinity of the A/C blower resistor wiring harness on the right side firewall. It's just a one wire connector not connected to anything (on my truck the wire is gray). Make sure you use an in-line fuse in the 12v jumper. The book says 15amp. If you had a wiring diagram you would see that this wire splices into the oil pressure sender and fuel pump relay wiring and when you put 12v to it runs the pump directly with no circuit protection (fuse or C/B). When I got mine to stop leaking I just let it run for a little while. All it does is circulate fuel as it normally would while driving. I can't believe so many guys don't know about this. You can leak check the whole system with the upper intake off where you can see everything (and fix it if leaking). Hope this helps.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Beginning Member

Hey guys, sorry i haven't responded in a while. I recently started school and haven't had time for the computer. However, I have worked on my blazer. I discovered that my injectors on the pass. side were leaking way too much gas into the combustion chamber. I replaced the broken o rings on that side of the injectors. I pulled out the spark plugs and they were black, black, rich plug. I rotated the motor manually and some gas dumped out of the plug whole. My motor was hydrolocked, so that diagnoses my cranking problem. I will try and turn it over in a couple of days with the plugs back in. Thanks for the help everybody!

Old 01-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Beginning Member

Ok update again. I put new o-rings on the injectors. Put everything back together and it flooded the motor again. I took all three plugs off of the motor on the passenger side and they were soaked in gas. I may end up buying a new injector system all together. Someone told me you can put the newer system in this, but i don't think the bolt patterns are right. Is this true?

Old 01-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

95=cpi==no update for you!