2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Some newb issues with Vacuum system.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Bigpappa305 is on a distinguished road
Cool Some newb issues with Vacuum system.

Hey Guys I'm new to the site as a memeber, although I have recieved vast amounts of help from skimming through these pages before and for that I thank all of you. I have a problem with a few things on my '99 Blazer 4.3L "W" model. I'm in the process of changing my intake manifold gaskets as they are starting to leak a bit in the front, and in doing so I'm finding a good many other things that need to be replaced. I've tried to find diagrams of the vacuum system but just cant the only ones I've found are for the EVAP system on Autozone's pages and the 4X4 diagrams here. I have the Vacuum unit (don't know what this is called, it's on top of the plenum, cant find a name for it anywhere in the manual) that has one vacuum hose that comes off of it, that then splits at a "T" fitting. The one section of hose goes up towards my Cruise control module and there are another cluster of them up there, I know one side goes to the 4x4 and I believe another goes to the Brake booster but there is a third that runs down into my fender. Now my real issue is the side that didnt run towards the cruise control. I found the end of it unplugged just sitting down by my wash fluid reservoir, and I have no idea where it plugs into. After reading some posts I thought it might have connected to the Vacuum canister but from some other posts I gather that is up by the master cylinder, and I assume that is where the other line up by the fender goes. So does anybody know where this long line goes that I found down by the wash reservoir? Also any detailed diagrams of the plenum for that make would be great as well as the Haynes manual doesn't go into detail about the various items without knowing what they are first. BTW its the CESFI model. Thanks for any help.

So after having to tear the entire A/C Compressor and power steering pump pulley bracket off to access the intake bolts I found my power steering pump pulley has worn through the metal hose from my exhaust manifold to my smog pump. Once again could not identify the smog pump at the time (really starting to dislike Haynes manuals) so I got underneath to chek it out and I found another set ov vacuum hoses that connect to an electrical connector of some type near the oil filter, however the lines look like they have been cut and routed back together so its just a loop. Any ideas on what this could be and where it needs to go?

Last edited by Bigpappa305; 08-30-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: More Found