2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Spark + fuel = no ignition

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Rider is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, it is on tonights list

Old 01-18-2013, 01:42 PM

Can i use a PCM from a 1999 5 dors on my 1998 3 dors zr2 ?

Old 01-19-2013, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Did you do a leak down ? Follow the link I posted in my 1st post. Quit wasting time and do a leakdown.
Do you have anything to add besides that link ?

Old 01-19-2013, 09:10 PM
spittybays

If your thinking its the pcm 99% thats not it. The way it died makes it sound electrical. I personally feel your fuel pressures are too low or just on the brink but would think with gas on the plugs you would get something.
So back to electrical as you seem confident its not the pump. If you did not use a delco its anyones guess how long there good for, most have a warranty, I see you made a hatch so take it out and send it back.
Did you run that high pressure line that I see in the pump pic all the way, could it be crushed or kinked some place?
I have had cars die as you describe when the ignition switch has failed, you can take it apart and look at the contacts, clean them with some QD marine electronics cleaner.
Year old gas can't be helping ether.
If anyone else is reading this please jump in the pool!!!
Jeff.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:16 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I do agree with the pressure being to low. Thats all I need to explain here.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by spittybays
If your thinking its the pcm 99% thats not it.
SUPER, i was very afraid i needed a new pcm, in my country you cant find them used and a new is $1.427 Why not buy one from usa, your shops do not send to europe and the government allso take big bugs, not only for the product but allso for the money i paid in shipping cost

I dont rule out the pump but it is the same with the old one and the 55psi is when the pump dont run, i cant see how high it comes when i turn the key but it dont take long before it smells of unburnt fuel from the exhaust. It is allways the same, no coughing, no trying, no nothing and it dont make any difference if i pour fuel down the intake or i squeez the fuelhose.
Everything is brand new all the way up to motor except the fuel pressure censor and socket, allso the fuel.
The high pressure line is only hose in the end the rest of the way i used pipes.

I have torn everything apart and checked it visual, see pics in my old thread when i tried to find problem the first time, a long time ago.

Thanks for the help everybody (and the appeal spittybays) but iam running out of time and I have given up, cant remember when I last slept and my new boat stands in freezing weather and is being ruined so I'll have to do what I should have done from the beginning, call a auto transporter and get it to a real mechanic.

xgiovannix12: iam sorry i wasted your time.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:57 PM

Dead PCM
The cheapest and best for me was to buy a hole dead car ($727)
Repair shop used some of wedensday to clear alot of error codes. Thursday i pick it up but 30 feet after i left it died again and they used all day trying to find a compatible PCM with no luck, tonight i drove 300miles to pick up the PCM from the dead car i bought and iam hoping so must they will fit it and this one will work tomorrow (friday).
This is the last change and last way out so iam afraid i need alot of good luck.
And IF the workshop is willing to fit it AND IF it is working i need to make some minor repairs and then catch the vehicle inspection before they close AND pass a MOT-inspection....
Maybe good luck just ain't going to cut it.

If the car just looking for more troubles tomorrow i´ll use the engine for anchor on the boat and then fit the engine from my lawn mower in it and take it to alot of 4x4 meetings so it can be humiliated real good before i bury it..... R.I.A (Rest In Anxiety).