2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Spliter

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 01:27 PM
spliter is on a distinguished road
Default Spliter

After attempting to get my 2000 blazer to shift from 4 high to 2 high three or four times it locked in 4 low and won't come out can anyone tell me if there's anyway to go back to 2 high.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the forum! Does the switch on the dash have 3 buttons or 4 buttons? Have you tried disconnecting the battery negative cable for 5 minutes and re-connecting? This will force the TCCM, (Transfer Case Control Module) to reset.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:22 PM

Thanks for the reply,my blazer has the 3 button on dash and I have disconnected the battery but I took positive and negative cables off does this do the same as just the negative off.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Yup, does the same thing, good job. I assume that made no difference.

Do the lights on the switch blink when you turn the ignition to ON, without starting the engine? If so, how many times do they it blink?

Have you removed the TCCM, and the connector from the TCCM, and checked the terminals in the connector? Sometimes they don't stay seated all the way in the connector. They also have a habbit of collecting corrosion, which needs to be cleaned off. If this prooves not to be the problem, check the connector & terminals at the encoder motor on the driver side of the transfer case.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:40 PM

There are no lights flash, the only time I have lights is when I push the 4 high or 4 low then both 4h & 4L lights are on.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:41 PM

OK. Check the electrical things that I mentioned above, and post your findings.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:34 AM

Not sure were the TCCM is or the encoder, can u help me with this?

Old 11-14-2013, 03:22 PM

TCCM is behind the passenger side kick panel. Encoder motor is located on the driver side of the transfer case.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:42 PM

Thanks Captain Hook, I will check connections and let you know what happens,also do you know if I can take shift motor off and manually shift it back to 2HI so I can drive it.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:15 AM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

Yes you can remove the encoder motor and manually shift it back to 2HI...I jsut do not remember which way to tell you to turn it. Although I guess it would either go to 2HI or 4LO.

There have been threads on here regarding this...perhaps do a search for encoder motor and see what turns-up.

Good luck with it.