2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Stalling in reverse !

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 12:58 AM
jbeanz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stalling in reverse !

Hey guys , Im trying to figure out why my blazer when put in reverse instantly drops 200rpms and the lights dim a little , then when you actually hit the gas it just flat out near dies. The only thing i can think of is my reverse lights are shorting out ? or not properly grounded. Btw i have a brand new as in 1 hour old battery installed and its been doing this way before the battery. Thanks.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:49 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Stalling in reverse !

First I had to play detective and read your last post to figure out what you're driving.
You can put your vehicle info into your signature and it will show up on every post, that makes life easier.

When you installed your new battery did you make sure that you had clean, tight connections?

Hopefully someone who knows something about automatic transmissions (it is an auto I assume) can tell you if it's possible for a solenoid in the trans shorting out.
I would also have a close look at any and all grounds to make sure they are good, clean, tight connections.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:00 AM
jbeanz is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

First I had to play detective and read your last post to figure out what you're driving.
You can put your vehicle info into your signature and it will show up on every post, that makes life easier.

When you installed your new battery did you make sure that you had clean, tight connections?

Hopefully someone who knows something about automatic transmissions (it is an auto I assume) can tell you if it's possible for a solenoid in the trans shorting out.
I would also have a close look at any and all grounds to make sure they are good, clean, tight connections.
Sorry about the vehicle information. Yes my connections are tight , and i just realized this happens reverse and drive , cant move it 3 feet without dieing. In nuetrel it will rev all day smooth as silk. Ive cleaned my EGR and IAC this month and it was a temporary fix of this problem.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:06 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

It could be that your torque converter is locking up for some reason (switch shorted), maybe you should get a scan on the transmission.