2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Stumped and asking

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 02:14 AM
Ryan Williams is on a distinguished road
Smile Stumped and asking

I have a '95 Blazer 2-dr that I'm rather enamored with. I originally got it as a "beater with a heater" for the usual Michigan winter. Now, I kinda want to fix it up. I've already replaced the gas tank, fuel pump and float assembly, some of the fuel lines, both wheel cylinders and got new tires. The problem now? It won't start unless it gets primed. Gasoline, starter fluid or fuel system cleaner, it all works. IT starts right up and runs with no problem. However, turn it off and it won't start again unless it gets primed. I replaced the fuel filter since this problem developed as well as the cap, rotor, wires and plugs. Tomorrow, I plan to double check the timing. What else should I be looking for?

Old 07-03-2017, 02:41 PM
chevy77 is on a distinguished road

need to do fuel pressure leak down test may have a leaky fuel pressure regulator or leaky injectors

Old 07-04-2017, 08:39 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Sounds a lot like what my 96 did, and my issue was a fuel pressure issue. These trucks need very specific fuel pressure or they won't start. Check out this thread for detailed instructions on how to do the leak down test.

Old 07-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Ryan Williams is on a distinguished road

I'll probably work on testing the fuel pressure, or get it tested at my usual shop tomorrow. Today, I replaced the fuel pressure sensor, thinking that might do it. No such luck. Another symptom that I've noticed, when I get the truck started and hit the gas, it sputters and hesitates... almost to the point of stalling out. No backfire, and it actually straightens out when I get off the gas. I might be leaning more towards a timing issue. Any other ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:44 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ryan Williams
I'll probably work on testing the fuel pressure, or get it tested at my usual shop tomorrow. Today, I replaced the fuel pressure sensor, thinking that might do it. No such luck. Another symptom that I've noticed, when I get the truck started and hit the gas, it sputters and hesitates... almost to the point of stalling out. No backfire, and it actually straightens out when I get off the gas. I might be leaning more towards a timing issue. Any other ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Trust peoples responses on this forum. Many of us have had blazers for a long time. Thats is unless you just like throwing money at it. sorry if it sounds harsh but to many times people asked for help and then when they get it they dont listen anyway