2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Thumping on drivers floor anyone?? Fixed read this!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 10:13 PM
95blazerlt is on a distinguished road
Default Thumping on drivers floor anyone?? Fixed read this!

To all that has the thumping and clicking and popping noise coming from the drivers side... It is not control arms or ball joints, or torsion bar bushings or mounts!!
I tore the front end off my truck today to change the control arm bushings which was the next natural step as i troubleshooted via Mastercard lol, and it turns out that the rear pocket were the control arm gets bolted to, and were the front diff bolts to which is welded to the frame had completely broke all along the welds and was moving around quite a bit! I tore the control arms off the truck, cleaned up all the rust and welded'er back on, good as new, no banging no clicking, no thumping, no nothing. All that is needed now is a good wheel alignment and im set, so just figured i would share some knowledge on the subject and don't forget too check out that pocket if you are wheelin alot and get the dreaded banging, cause i bet dollars to donuts that the pocket has ripped from the frame...

Old 10-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

In all of the years I have been around these vehicles, that is the first time I have heard of anything tearing off the frame. I think that we can all agree that there are far more common wear items. It comes down to a full inspection of the suspension and frame first before you start tossing parts at a problem.

Glad you got it fixed!