2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Too many codes, Don't know where to start...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Too many codes, Don't know where to start...HELP

did you change or at least clean the plugs after replacing the fpr? often the leaking fpr will dump fuel into the cylinders and foul out the plugs (may not be your issue but it's free to check)

Old 12-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Redneckgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

No I didn't think to check the plugs, but I will tomorrow...thanks for your suggestion

Old 12-03-2008, 06:05 AM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

Excuse me for not reading through the complete posting but...this is quicker for me...Was a fuel filter done? And I realize you've put one on in the past but since there still is an issue-fuel pressure teat been done lately or even tape a gauge on the windshield as you drive(a certain way that will allow the vehicle not to do its thing)and see what happens as you drive or when it quits. One last thing...has the cat. convertor been eliminated? Is it possible to run it without one of the front ones(O2 sensors) installed and see if the problems occur. I'd try all else first. Good luck-I share your Pain! JP[:@]

Old 12-03-2008, 08:18 AM

I changed the fuel filter about 3 months ago when I got the blazer but I'm changing it again today when I check the plugs and change trans filter and fluid. A mechanic done a fuel pressure test that is what led me to the FPR being bad, although one has not been done since. It has only "completely" died on me once, but it seems to be getting worse. It is missing more often now. I did notice last night when driving home from work, when it started missing the oil pressure dropped to almost nothing thenback up to about 60 thenback and forth til it stopped missing (don't know if that means anything but I'm trying to let everyone know exactly what is happening). The guy who had this blazer before me just had the whole exhaust replaced in march, could it be the cat. convertor already? I'll unhook the O2 sensor and try that too...thanks for your input

Old 12-04-2008, 09:08 AM

Update - I have changed the fuel filter (once again), checked the plugs (no fuel, they're fine) and changed trans fluid and filter (the guy that had the blazer before me had it for 7 years and put 130,000 miles on it and never changed the fluid or filter). I also unhooked the O2 sensor and ran it about 5 miles and it still misses, so I'm guessing I can eliminate the O2 sensor. I hooked up a fuel pressure guage and drove around for 30 to 45 minutes and wouldn't you know it...it didn't miss. Went to work last night and on the way home it started missing again [:@]. I reset the computer and now my SES light is not coming on (at least not yet), but is still missing. I'm about to give up, sell the damn thing and put my 93 Chevy Scottsdale truck back on the road (at least I know whats wrong with it...lol) I'm going to try the fuel pressure test again today, is there anything I am missing?, could it be something electrical?

Old 12-06-2008, 08:57 AM

Just wanted to bump this back to the top again...

Now it is dieing everytime it gets warm, whatever this is its getting worse. It has even died on me going 45mph

Old 12-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

If it dies every time now put the pressure gauge on it and lets eliminate or verify the fuel delivery question-let us know EXACTLY what the pressure is when this occurs and we'll go from there! Regards-JP[:@]