2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

TRANSMISSION GOES IN AND OUT OF TORQUE CONVERTER LOCK.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: TRANSMISSION GOES IN AND OUT OF TORQUE CONVERTER LOCK.

This is a simple reason why 2 threads on the same subject should not happen.

He has an '02 4x4 LS. Everything you stated, 93LT, still applies except the vacuum and possibly the placement of the temp sensors (but I'm not sure if they changed or not). The ECT is the sensor that feeds the PCM with the engine temp.

*EDIT* - I just went outside and checked on the driver's side head sensor and seeing as how it's a single wire sensor, it is not the PCM sensor. I'll have to do some more digging to find out where the ECT is located.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:10 PM
93LT is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

This is a simple reason why 2 threads on the same subject should not happen.

He has an '02 4x4 LS. Everything you stated, 93LT, still applies except the vacuum and possibly the placement of the temp sensors (but I'm not sure if they changed or not). The ECT is the sensor that feeds the PCM with the engine temp.

*EDIT* - I just went outside and checked on the driver's side head sensor and seeing as how it's a single wire sensor, it is not the PCM sensor. I'll have to do some more digging to find out where the ECT is located.

Yeah, when I went to the other thread after replying to this one I found out it was a 2002 model. The drivers side head on my 93 and 95 both house the knock sensor, along with another located in the passenger head, at the back towards the firewall. Both of mine have the ECT sensor located in the passenger front lower intake manifold. I had to remove the belt to gain access with a socket and extension, barely visible with the air intake in place.

Old 12-25-2005, 01:01 AM
blazerrick is an unknown quantity at this point

OK bad news I think. I went ahead and replaced the t-stat and the ECT sensor and I still have the TCC issue @ 45 with very little load on the accelerator it still wonders in and out of lock up. This is a 2002 4x4 Vortec Blazer. Any other clues besides the TCC solenoid. Man I really hope it's not the solenoid, thats a nightmare. What else would control that converter lock?

Old 12-28-2005, 04:16 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

The TCC is controlled by the puter, which gets its info from the TPS, VSS, Brake switch, and a few others, like the temp sensor. Since you mention no other troubles, maybe you did somehwere else and I didn't see them. Anyways, start with the brake switch. make sure it is adjusted properly. The brake switch will kick it out of lock-up.

Do you drive with one foot on the brake and the other on the gas? If so, STOP DOING THAT!!!! It drives the people behind you nuts when your constantly braking all the time. Plus it kicks your TCC off everytime.....

Old 12-28-2005, 09:07 PM
blazerrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok you guys are probably going to hate this entry, but, my wife got tired of the whole trying to figure out the TCC problem. She traded the Blazer in for a brand new Ford Fusion V6 loaded and loves it. Sorry. You all were very helpful with helping me try and figure out this situation. Merry Christmas to all and have a Happy New Year!!