2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Transmission Wires

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 12:49 AM
camino88 is on a distinguished road
Default Transmission Wires

Ok so my 2000 chevy blazer has been working good until the other day when i started going up a hill and the engine just started to bog down and had no power, high rpms but no POWER. So my mechanic friend suggested to check the transmission filter. We go to check it and we notice a big clump of wires just hanging on top of the transmission on the passenger side. We look closer and notice, that all the wires are pulled out of the connecter on top of transmission. Does anyone know what i should do here, or where to get the parts or there is a way to fix this with out replacing the connector on top of the transmission. Or for that matter what these wires are called. I am pretty good with cars, but a complete idiot when it comes to the automatic transmission. Any help would be great.

Thanks now for any replies

Old 06-13-2011, 07:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There are many harnesses/etc that run to and past the transmission. On the driver side, there is the park/neutral switch. On the passenger side, there is the main transmission connector. Then, if 4wd, there will be another harness that runs to the transfer case.

Where is this harness? How many wires? What are the wire colors? What does the connector look like? A picture is worth 1000 words!

Old 06-13-2011, 12:07 PM

Sorry I was not sure of the wire colors, did not look at them and they were covered in crap but will look later. but it was on the passenger side, it is a 4wd and i would say it was more towards the engine than the rear of the car.
However I did try to attach a pic of what the connector that plugs into the transmission, it is empty because this is the point where all the wires were pulled out.

Attached Thumbnails Transmission Wires-photo.jpg  
Old 06-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

How many pins are there in the connector? The 4L60E connector is a 20 pin connector with 13 wires running into the transmission.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:10 PM

There is 13 holes in this connector but like I said I just have this piece right now to work off of the blazer is not where i have access to it right should later though here is some more pics to try to help

Attached Thumbnails Transmission Wires-photo-1-.jpg   Transmission Wires-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 06-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Administrator

That is the main transmission connector.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:56 PM

ok how would i go about replacing this

Old 06-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Buy a new connector and splice it in. What I'm not sure of is whether what you are holding is the transmission side or the engine harness side. If it is the transmission side, then it is easy, no splicing required, but you would need to pull the pan. If it is the engine harness side, it will not be fun! It looks like the engine harness side.