Three wires from Blower motor, Two wires on replacement blower - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:16 PM
Starting Member

maxvamp is on a distinguished road
Default Three wires from Blower motor, Two wires on replacement blower

I have a weird problem. I have a computer climate controlled system. I actually had three connectors on the blower motor. I had the standard 2 prong connector ( it is different from the manual controlled system, and this thing had a third prong outside the connector. I have found out it is not a ground. The replacement units don't have a connector for this, and the AC/Delco unit has a pin like it on the outer part of the motor that is a ground. I have tried grounding this wire, and should have tested it first for voltage. It appears to have 12 V going though it. I suspect its a speed sensor.

The problem is that the original motor allowed the computer climate control to set the actuator for floor, defrost, front vents or any combination. With this cable disconnected due to no connector, the floor vents no longer work individually. I can do floor in combination with defrost or front vents, but the computer won't put it in floor only. When I connected this wire to ground, it killed the motor, and now my trip odometer rests every time I start the truck. I suspect I burned something up.

In any case, what is this wire and where the heck do I find the right motor.

Thank You ,

-Max
Attached Thumbnails
Three wires from Blower motor, Two wires on replacement blower-img_1048.jpg   Three wires from Blower motor, Two wires on replacement blower-img_1049.jpg   Three wires from Blower motor, Two wires on replacement blower-31gxbvwntql.jpg