2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Two problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 08:09 AM
dman001948 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Two problems

I have a 2000 LT 4x4 4.3 Blazer and I have two questions to ask:

1. I just bought a 2011 LTZ Nox so the old Blazer had to go out of the garage (I think she is mad at me). First problem is my driveway sits about at a 5 degree incline (AZ so the water runs off the property) and every since then the 2000 has been giving fits to start. So I gave it a tune up consisting of Plugs, Dist Cap and Roter and a new Fuel filter. That appear to have cure the problem until yesterday when I got in it (After sitting two for days) and right back to the old problem, Hard starting..I have to turn the key on wait a few seconds to let the fuel pressure build up and hit the gas pedal a few times and after a few try's at it, it will start a little ruff but start, then everything is okay. I can go any where and it will start right up. My question is: Could it be my Fuel Pressure Reg going bad? I already had the injections clean out about a yr ago.

2nd situation: 4x4 problem, my 4x4 will not engage the lights just blink then goes back to 2 wheel high. (I have the buttons on the dash with all the goodies). Anyhow while changing the Dist cap I found a vacuum line that had broken off from the do-dah right above the Dist Cap attached to the firewall. It has a elect plug to it and two vacumm lines, one runs toward the driver side and to God know where and the one that broke off runs straight down toward the tranny or transfer case. I need to know what that switch is call? Went to Autozone, they came out look at the switch and went back inside and coundn't find a name for it so they couldn't find it for replacement. While trying to get the piece of hose off that is attached to the switch the whole piece broke off right up even with the switch, so I plug the hose and the switch part I put some duct tape over it so as to stop any vacumm leak.

Can anyone tell me what that switch is called?

Thanks
Dennis

Old 06-21-2011, 09:44 AM
dman001948 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, Isn't this the bee's knee's not one reply. Must be a lot of folks who don't know. Anyhow I found the answer to my second question and I ani't telling for nothing. 1st question I'm still working on and since this site with all the smart people are, don't know or won't answer, I guess I find it out for myself in due time.
Thank You all for your input and I'll be sure to help out the next person just as much as you all have help me.
Chow

Old 06-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice bump... You do realize that sometimes things get missed or overlooked... And that people here have responsibilities outside answering your questions...

Anyway, I can only speak for myself in saying this, but I know that others feel the same way; I have far better things to be doing than using my time to help people with attitudes such as you have displayed here.

Good luck elsewhere. Cya! *Thread Closed*