2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

vaccum line

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 12:53 PM
guywm25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vaccum line

I have a weird question. I have a 98 blazer w/ a 4.3 vortec, my question is there is a vaccum line, that runs off a tee valve, that runs into the drivers side quarter panel. I am wondering where this goes and how to access it. The tube is cracked and it needs replace, but I can't follow where it goes to.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: vaccum line

Without digging out a vacuum diagram, I can't say for sure. If you are fairly confident that the only crack is where you can get at it, you could replace just that section...

My references are all at home anyhow so they wouldn't help me much. LOL

Old 08-15-2006, 05:16 PM
Starting Member
Aquahallic is an unknown quantity at this point

if it's the plastic line that runs into the firewall that goes into the cab on the driver's side... line is plastic with a rubber nipple on it... that's the main vacuum feed to the the A/C and Heating selector.... Mine the rubber nipple deal was leaking at the base where it connected onto the line itself. So I just pulled the rubber part off.... then took a piece of regular vacuum hose that would slide over it fairly tight... and put a small wire tie (zip tie) around the base of it nice and tight.... so.. if yours is cracked and you can get to the crack... I'd ****** off that rubber piece off the top (prolly old and leakin' anyways if someone's been messin' around with it enough to crack it) take a piece of rubber vacuum hose that will just fit over it the tighter you can get it to fit the better might have to hit it with some WD40 so it'll slide on the plastic tube nice....and put a piece of hose over top of the crack... make SURE you COVER IT.. .so you have atleast 1/4" above and below the crack covered with the rubber hose... then put zipties at both ends.. not enough to crush the line but enough to keep it air tight... then put a piece of hose on the end so you can go to your T and ziptie it.... worked like a CHAMP for me....

OH yeah... one word of advice... go get the smaller zipties... 2 reasons.. one.. they'll wrap around that small hose well (if you use a normal sized tie the head it so big on them that it's a flat spot on the hose and won't seal up real well)... two... they make a nice little (how shall I put this) "dimple" in the hose where it tightens down NICE and holds well on the plastic hose.... if ya need I can take a couple pics and post 'em.... just lemme know...

Old 08-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Beginning Member
moggy59 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a diagram posted here:

https://blazerforum.com/m_30099/tm.htm

It is for the 96 Blazer.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:21 PM
guywm25 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it is an old post , but I have come just short of physically removing the drivers side quarter panel to find out where this hose leads. Is there anyone out there that has run into this this problem on a 98 that can help direct me and future members in the right direction

Old 12-15-2006, 11:27 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you do me a favor. Follow the line in the other direction and let me know what it is connected too?
Where is the tee fitting located in the engine compartment.