2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

vacum hook up for driver side fender

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 12:42 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road
Default vacum hook up for driver side fender

i searched through the forum and have found comments on the location but havent found a pic the line came off when i was repairing a different line and i cant see where to hook it up at it seems to have had a effect on my heater if somebody has a link to a photo of where the line hooks up maybe i can find it

Old 01-02-2012, 12:54 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

There is a plastic ball mounted in the fender the hose hooks to. Doubt you find any pics of it installed as its one of those pita things you really don't see to hook up but feel for

Old 01-02-2012, 01:22 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I can take a look on mine in a little bit, unless you're near the IL/IN border and wanted to come take a look at mine?

Old 01-02-2012, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
I can take a look on mine in a little bit, unless you're near the IL/IN border and wanted to come take a look at mine?
im on the other side of indiana lol35 miles west of ohio would a 99 2wd truck have the same thing got one of them at the farm the nipple it hooked to was not stuck in the line so im hoping its not broke maybe im not feeling in the right spot thats why the pic would be of use

Last edited by zr2dan; 01-02-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Beginning Member
BB3439 is on a distinguished road

Because I cannot see well up close or when the lighting is poor, I was more successful feeling for it and was able to slip the hose onto the nipple. Using a small mirror and a flashlight, I could see that I had the hose securely over the nipple.

It's not the greatest of designs!

Old 01-02-2012, 05:11 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I took a look but couldnt find the end, sorry.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Esty is on a distinguished road

Hey I think I found what you are looking for Just so you know you realy cant see it without a mirror when i found it I thought the kid who had it before me ran my vacum line to a screw in the fender so i pluged it then my heater controlls started to act funny
So I looked at my moms 02 and she had the same line to the came dam screw but when I pulled hers I herd a air sound (DUH) but any who here are some pics I took a few min. ago to show you what I found

Had upload problems so i added a album to my face book lets give it a go

Blazer pictures by WK_Esty - Photobucket

Ok you will see a small green hose that gos in to the firewall to my heater controlls the hose that Gos off to the right gos to the drivers side fender there is I think a vacume chamber in there if you feel around there it feels like a sheet rock screw comeing out of the fender its not it is a vacume nipple if you dont have a hose on it the nopple comes threw a circle you can feel that
ok from that green hose again the hose that gos off to the left it gos to that vacume 4WD Actuator Valve on the top of the firewall

hope this helps

Last edited by swartlkk; 01-02-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:15 PM
mjt
Starting Member
mjt is on a distinguished road

Strangly I was just looking at this vacuum hose today. Mine is totally dry rotted and collapsed. Im not having any problems but the hose is shot. That vacuum line tees off to the 4WD solenoid/switch on the firewall.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:06 PM

thanks man im glad you could help i felt that thought it was a screw didnt think to use a mirror to see it

Old 01-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Esty is on a distinguished road

No problem glad I could help.

Quick Reply: vacum hook up for driver side fender