2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

vacumn lines

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Starting Member
blkblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Question vacumn lines

anyone help??
recently put vaumn booster in 1999 S10 Blazer 4wd 2 door auto 4.3L LS. Truck has been parked. Went to move it and found my heater control would not work. Only blows air into face. No defrost floor etc.

Found hos under the brake valve modulator. It is short hose i think it is from t fitting it has a vacunm (sucking air). The reservoir behind the modulator is that where this hose goes?

I lossend the bolts on modulator to try see where this hose would go on reservoir. But cannot find any where. Did I maybe brake off a fitting???

I pluged the hose with screw and taped up. Hearter controls work , 4wd works.

Can i just leave the hose plugged up.?

Thanks

Old 10-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is a vacuum reservoir inside the driver side fender. Sounds like you broke the nipple off of the reservoir.

Without the reservoir in the system, you may lose vacuum power to the HVAC and 4wd systems that use it the most. This could happen under heavy load or anytime at WOT.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:38 PM
mav06 is on a distinguished road

would a 2000 4 door 4.3L 4x4 blazer have that resivor? I know my 96 blazer had a little ball on the driver side under the hood. BUt my 2000 blazer does not have one in the same place.

Matt

Old 10-11-2009, 08:50 PM
RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, 2000 has the reservoir in the drivers fender too.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:37 AM
mav06 is on a distinguished road

Ok thank i will take a look. thanks for the quick response.

Matt

Old 10-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Starting Member
Default summitracing.com

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SU...4/?image=large

I do not know if link works but if anyone has time check it out. It is a vacuum reservoir.

Wondering if it would work on 1999 S10 Blazer 2 door auto 4.3L 4x4. Seems replaceing the factory reservoir is a difficult operation.?

thanks.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Banned
blazerboyz is on a distinguished road

no its not hard to reaplace, take the driver side tire off and go up through the wheel well its easy who told you it was hard?

Old 10-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Starting Member

I am going by what all data instructs to take off the brake modulator valve. So does that not mean need to bleed the system after install if I remove the brake modulator thingy. I do not want to end up needing to take it to the dealer etc.

I had trouble with bleeding the brakes last time I put new pads on as I(foolishly) opened the lines up. Had to take it to shop to have them bleed it.

Thanks for response.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:39 AM
Banned
blazerboyz is on a distinguished road

ok first what is your brake modulator (THINGY) your talking about? you mean the brake booster, or the master cylender. Your vacume bottle for your 4x4 is in the driverside fender if you pop the hood and look in between the fuse box and the fire wall you will see a vacume line with a green and grey one way valve on it that line goes directly to the vacume bottle go through the wheel well, trust me! And yes i was at school once to and yes my insructer made us go by all data all the time. I think all data lies lol, i have found short cuts where all data shows you the long way home

Old 10-13-2009, 02:28 AM
Starting Member
Default vacuum reservoir

The brake modulator thing is the unit between the fuse box and the booster mounted on the drivers fender. It has brake lines running in and out I do not know if it is abs or what.The master cylinder is in the way if try pull the modulator valve forward.Do not want to bend any brake lines.

All data instructs to remove it and there are clips or something to release the vacuum reservoir which pulls out towards master cylinder.

I got to go here going to work. check back later.

Quick Reply: vacumn lines