2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

What runs on the Radio circuit(s)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Starting Member
mean green machine is on a distinguished road
Default What runs on the Radio circuit(s)

Okay, so I know these blazers have all kinds of issues when it comes to electrical power. I have been fighting my power drain issue for about two months now and finally found that the radio circuit(s) is/are what have been sucking the charge out of my battery, I pulled the two radio fuses: fuse 13- 10A, and fuse 11- 20A. So a little info on my odd ball CMFI 1995 with 209,000miles on it, it has a little of all the changes that chevy made this year, OEM sterio, factory installed 6 disc CD changer, overhead temp and compass, and on and on. what are on these circuits that I know of are of course the radio and temp/ compass other than that I have not found else could be on the circuit(s) I am still tearing the dash appart to manually trace wiring....

So far before I pulled the fuses I took the 6 disc changer out and unplugged the power at the back of the radio for it as well. I put my DVOM in line and got a puny reading of .003 mA across the battery but yet I still had a drain on the system. I pulled every light in the interior that I would not need to safley operate the vehicle. IE... dome lights, kick panel lights, glove box light, map/reading lights in the temp/compass console and vanity lights in the sunvisor, under hood light. I put all the lights back in after I pulled the fuses and every thing but the radio, clock on the radio and the compass/temp work just like they are supposed to. I also have not needed to jump or put the vehicle on a charger now in four days. i was having to put it on the charger all night and if I had to work more than a 8 hour work day I would need to jump it with the " redneck jump box " I was having to carry with me.

the battery and alternator are brand new and have been tested to verify, the starter, and battery cables, fused links were new about 12,000 miles ago when I put a new "BULLET" in. I have been through alldata and three of my chiltons manuals and they have nothing on the radio circuit other that the fuse locations. any help or wiring schematics would help greatly. thanks Andy