2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

what size wrench for nut kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Starting Member
95LS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what size wrench for nut kit

i bought a new CPI for my 95 blazer from that site i posted about on here (free next day ups air shipping $189 including a $10 core charge it has a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty) they dont have a nut kit so i picked one up at advanced with a plenum gasket, screen EGR gasket, and a can of cleaner yesterday. im going to replace it this weekend and im not sure what size wrench the nut kit will take. does anone know off the top of their head so i know for sure i have everythign before i start. i have all the torx bits and both deep and short sockets. i felt behind the plenum and couldnt feel the nut at all but i did this on break at work after dark and only had 15 minutes so i didnt have time or light to check good. i assume theres not a lot of room back there so a line wrench or stubby wrench would be a good idea. another question i have is what can i do to clean up the inside of the plenum? just wipe the stuff up with a rag or what ?

Old 06-11-2008, 11:19 PM
SneakySteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: what size wrench for nut kit

Had to replace the intake gaskets on my 96, and i don't recall needing anything special. not sure which nut kit you're talking about. and i used gumout to clean the plenum, and it worked fine. all the plenum fasteners should be 10mm. best of luck to ya. steve

Old 06-12-2008, 05:45 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Completely different setup between a '96 SCFI motor and the '95 CPI motor...

If you have metric sockets ranging from 7mm (or is that 8mm?? can't remember) up to 16mm you should be set.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Starting Member
95LS is an unknown quantity at this point

i work at lowe's and i take advantage of my discount. so i have 2 sets of wrenches ( both metric and SAE ) 1 ratchet wrench and 1 combination wrench. 2 sets of metric and sae sockets ( deep and shallow ) and 1-2 sets of any other handtool that we sell. i was lookign for an excuse to get a set of line wrenches but we dont sell any. or stubby wrenches if clearance would be a problem. i also have any other hand tool or power tool i would ever need and soon to have a welder. ill just make sure i have 7-16 mm and buy any of them that was left out of the sets and be good to go. i should be able to do this in a afternoon shouldnt i ? i already have all the parts ill need.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:18 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

This may help 95ls.