2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

yet another no heat issue.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Beginning Member
paxlineman is on a distinguished road

ok just so i get it right when i flush i take off both hoses where they enter the fire wall and just run water through it in both the left and right connectors going into the firewall and then i just hook back up the black hoses and i should be good right. yeah i plan on doing a full flush this summer when its not freezing out.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by paxlineman
ok just so i get it right when i flush i take off both hoses where they enter the fire wall and just run water through it in both the left and right connectors going into the firewall and then i just hook back up the black hoses and i should be good right. yeah i plan on doing a full flush this summer when its not freezing out.

that will work but its gonna be messy. i went to the auto parts store and bought a chunk of hose that would fit both ends so i could use a connector to a garden hose,(that way i wouldn't get wet in 0 degree weather) also you're "suppose" to collect the water that you "catch" from the heater core because its considered contaminated waste. but as long as the epa doesn't live next door and you keep the kids and pets outta of it you'll be alright.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:03 PM
Beginning Member
paxlineman is on a distinguished road

ok i can do that i will get some hose and connect it to one of the pipes going thru the firewall and have it go into a bucket then i will just put a garden hose to the other and flush away and then vice versa. how long would it take the water to get out of the heater core should i let it dry or can i just hook the hoses back up to it. thanks again for the help.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by paxlineman
ok i can do that i will get some hose and connect it to one of the pipes going thru the firewall and have it go into a bucket then i will just put a garden hose to the other and flush away and then vice versa. how long would it take the water to get out of the heater core should i let it dry or can i just hook the hoses back up to it. thanks again for the help.
30-40 seconds on each side. when i did it i really didn't get a buch of "crap" out of it. mine was more like sandy water that came out. you can hook the hoses back up as soon as your done flushing. the water is going to change the coolant to water mixture but its not going to effect it enough to even matter. reconnect the hoses.then top off your coolant (auto stores already have the 50:50 mixture, saves time & effort) start your truck and get it to operating temp. which is around 195 on your temp gauge. then run your heat on full blast. to speed the warming up process you can run your rpm's up a little by increasing the throttle but dont go crazy and red line it. then let your truck run for 10 mins. to cycle everthing through. you should be getting alot of heat out of it. i did the flush and it went from zero heat to a sauna. after you've ran it for around 10mins shut it down and check your coolant and top off if its nessisary