Article Submissions/Discussions Have a Tech topic you would like to submit? See something that needs to be modified in a current Tech article, look here for the discussion thread.

HOW TO: remove dash bezel and guage cluster on 98+

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 06:18 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future
Default HOW TO: remove dash bezel and guage cluster on 98+

So after looking around I couldn't really find any clear instructions on how to do this... I was looking for something to try my new video camera out on, and I needed to replace some dash bulbs, so I figured I'd do both at the same time! lol

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L28MkE81MOo

Old 06-03-2009, 06:49 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

So does this mean I could change my gauges to blue lighting?

Edit...I have plans to change all my interior lighting to blue eventually...I was under the impression that the gauges and the radio are the only two you can't change...?

Last edited by Sisk; 06-03-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:03 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Very helpful!

Now that I see know how easy the gauge lights are, I think I'll be changing them to blue this weekend!
Question:
1. Any ideas on what the bulbs for the gauges and A/C are?

Alex, you can change the gauge colors, but the factory radio button lights are not changeable.

Last edited by okvortec; 06-03-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:25 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Instument cluster illume light: PC168
Instrument cluster indicator light: PC74
as per Haynes Manual

Last edited by ABN31B; 06-03-2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: screwed up the color codes somewhere
Old 06-03-2009, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Instument cluster illume light: PC168
Instrument cluster indicator light: PC74
as per Haynes Manual
Thanks, call me stupid but illume light being the tach, gas, speedo, turnsignal, etc... and indicator being ses light, abs, low fuel, etc...?

Blue turn signals would be sweet!

Old 06-03-2009, 07:33 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by okvortec
Very helpful!

Alex, you can change the gauge colors, but the factory radio button lights are not changeable.
I knew about the radio lights, I plan on eventually getting an aftermarket one anyway (I need an AUX input!! I miss having one).

I was under the impression that the gauge lights were soldered on though, so this is extremely good news. I can have blue gauges now

Old 06-03-2009, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sisk28
I knew about the radio lights, I plan on eventually getting an aftermarket one anyway (I need an AUX input!! I miss having one).

I was under the impression that the gauge lights were soldered on though, so this is extremely good news. I can have blue gauges now
Yup! I'm going to be switcing mine here pretty quick!

Old 06-03-2009, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran

What's the cost on bulbs oktain? Just thinking of running to Canadian Tire to pick some up, where did you get yours?

Old 06-03-2009, 08:27 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by okvortec
illume light being the tach, gas, speedo, turnsignal, etc... and indicator being ses light, abs, low fuel, etc...?
Hell i dunno man, I just regergitate info I think may be helpful but I believe you are correct. At least that makes sence to me... *shrug*

Old 06-03-2009, 08:36 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=ABN31B;222612]Hell i dunno man, I just regergitate info I think may be helpful QUOTE]

lol that might be the best statement ive ever read on here

Quick Reply: HOW TO: remove dash bezel and guage cluster on 98+