Article Submissions/Discussions Have a Tech topic you would like to submit? See something that needs to be modified in a current Tech article, look here for the discussion thread.

so you want a tire carrier on your 4 door?? - DISCUSSION THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:34 AM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tripovermyego
Hey just a quick question. For the guys that have the Blazers that have the rear bumper tats flat all away across and not the, oh as I call the step bumper, how well does the tire fit on the carrier? The extra spare I have is a 31'' tire. Do they fit or will I have to do a little work to get it to fit just right?
My 31" spare tire has a couple inches of room from my bumper. look back a couple pages and find it

Old 04-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer

That looks so clean!! Im jealous!!!

Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tripovermyego
That looks so clean!! Im jealous!!!
Thanks man!

Its a little too clean in that picture tho lol. The only thing better than a clean truck is a muddy one.

Ahhh thats better

Old 04-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
Thanks man!

Its a little too clean in that picture tho lol. The only thing better than a clean truck is a muddy one.

Ahhh thats better
Ive got to agree with ya on the muddy part!! Even tho the 4wd doesnt work in my Blazer, I still take it out as far as I can, maybe a little to far sometimes (had to be pulled out a couple of times) just because a shiny truck looks good for a few days but then its gotta get muddy after!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Beginning Member
Leo_p is on a distinguished road

So what's everybody doing with the extra space they now have where the spare tire used to go? Anything? I'd like to see if I could make use of it somehow......

Old 04-18-2012, 11:07 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Leo_p
So what's everybody doing with the extra space they now have where the spare tire used to go? Anything? I'd like to see if I could make use of it somehow......
I thought the same thing, from water storage to an extra battery...Seems my rear springs are a little too worn out for it though. Ever since I installed the tire carrier, my rear end sits ever so slightly lower than before...maybe 1/8 inch. Just enough for the rear to noticeably sag if I put all my heavy tools in the back. It's driving me insane actually. Add-a-leaf? Air shocks?

Old 04-18-2012, 11:14 PM
Starting Member
Wisco Blazer will become famous soon enough

Lol I really want to just throw a POS rim and tire under there so i have 2 spares. Yeah my blazer has been diagnosed with a saggy butt. Im gonna prolly do shackles and/or add a leaf along with tbar crank so i can fit some 31's.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:04 AM

Yeah mine is sagging a lot now to and it is really annoying. my bump stops are shot so the new bump stop is my exhaust pipe. every time i hit a big enough bump the U bolt hits the pipe, not bad just enough to annoy the crap out of me when i go over bumps.

My leafs are completely flat now, and at the ends where they connect to the shackle and the frame they are starting to have reverse flex. Luckily tho new leaf packs arent that expensive.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:37 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

With my Add-a-leaf I haven't noticed any significant change in the ride height of the rear end. I don't have shackles, just the long version 2" AAL. Its not the greatest pic since I'm not on level ground, but:

Old 04-19-2012, 12:13 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Leo_p
One guy had a second battery underneath, I recall someone (may have been a different forum) that was going to try and rig up a 2dr gas tank back there but I'm not sure if he ever made any progress. Or like wisco said, you could have a second spare tire under

Quick Reply: so you want a tire carrier on your 4 door?? - DISCUSSION THREAD