Article Submissions/Discussions Have a Tech topic you would like to submit? See something that needs to be modified in a current Tech article, look here for the discussion thread.

so you want a tire carrier on your 4 door?? - DISCUSSION THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 07:20 PM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rezlab
Damn looks good, just needs a bit of paint. I have had one in my shed since January just too nervous to drill holes.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

^^^^
just get your drill out and step up to the plate.
i like doing mods that can be undone when i change my mind. i have two that cannot be undone however and they are my favorites...this is one of them.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

dont be scared of the drill it is your friend. how ever i did go through 3 drill bits mind you they were old. i would have painted it first but it was driving my crazy cause i didnt have it on and had to look at the spare on my roof rack. the mod bug however is still lurking around i need to get something else done now lol

Old 09-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Starting Member
Wisco Blazer will become famous soon enough

Okay Im having a rattle rattle issue. Im thinking of ordering new pins from gm parts direct. Will that come with the new bushings? gmpartsdirect.com: Alternate GM Catalog

Old 09-27-2012, 01:27 AM
420Blazin4X4 is on a distinguished road

Personally after looking at the site..If I were you I`d just go into a dealerships parts department and order them or see if they have them in stock..Cause if part is not exact part gmdirect wont do refunds... I`ve been needing new bushings myself also just havent had a chance to hit a dealership yet...

Old 10-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Starting Member

Well its been awhile since i put the tire carrier on and its holding up great and i get a lot of compliments on it other then it still needs paint.The quarter panel looks the same as the day i did the install.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:13 PM
luftrofl is on a distinguished road

Such an awesome thread!! Very, very informative and straight forward, looks like I need to hit up a local junk yard soon.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Starting Member

check craigslist before you head off to the junk yard you might get lucky. i did some trading to get mine, he had to torch the bolts off on his blazer to get it off.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Beginning Member
Michaelm053 is on a distinguished road

Could someone post some pictures of their latch and how the opening lever is connected. Mine has not had one for quite some time and even though I have found a way to open it with some channel locks it gets pretty annoying when I need it opened fast. Also has anyone come up with a solution to the squeaking that it makes?

Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Beginning Member
wannabelifted is on a distinguished road

good idea, was just thinkin bout a spare tire. now to see if my local scrap yards have any

Quick Reply: so you want a tire carrier on your 4 door?? - DISCUSSION THREAD