Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

12" Box where spare tire sits...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: 12" Box where spare tire sits...

i agree with bobditts that flat subs can sounds good. I have done many setups for customers with them, and all have been very pleased.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Billypreschool is an unknown quantity at this point

I think i ended up with .65ft³ The 10" Diamond wanted 1ft³ but it still sounded sweet!

Old 11-04-2007, 08:31 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

thats awesome! i would never have thought about doing that

Old 11-04-2007, 08:58 PM
pfcmooney is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, that is absolutely sweet how you made that! I haven't done a whole lot of fiberglassing, so i dont think i could play that off, but my idea was to make a rounded top, and a square bottom with a 12" or 10" setup. I can get descent deals on speakers, but the amps are what i still have to pay alot for. which is why i'd like to just go with 1 10 or 12 inch setup....

I'm wanting to spend no more than about $400 on the entire setup. Which is not including the making of the box.

Whats everyones opinions on the 10" or 12" Kicker Comps? I like them as well.

Thanks for everyones inputs! There great! I must admit.....i dont know what your are all talking about......airspaces??? Just let me know what kind of speaker you'd go for whather it be 10" or 12" that would be no more than about $150 for one..... thanks everyone....great info!

Old 11-04-2007, 10:35 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Kicker CVRs are decent drivers for the price. And You could pick up a kicker 2-Channel to run it for a fairly good price...You can actually pick the two up online for alittle under $350..

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=17397

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=16917

(make sure you get the dual 2-Ohm sub so that you can run your 2-channel amp at full potential)

As far as what we are referring to about airspace. That is all about the enclosure for the sub. Bass is about 70% box.An inexpensive woofer can sound phenomenal in a properly designed and built enclosure, and on the other hand a high-end expensive woofer can sound horrible in the wrong box...So dont skimp on the neclosure, make sure you work with an experienced car audio guy to ensure that you are getting the full potential out of your system. It doesnt cost any more money to build a box right, just a little patience and understanding...There are many people on this forum(including myself) who im sure would be glad to help you design a proper enclosure...

Old 11-05-2007, 11:26 AM

Okay, that would be awesome! I think i'm going to go ahead and build the box this weekend. I've been thinking about it, an i'd like to go with a 12". Because i'm the type that after a while, i'd like to go more with the bass....so if i go ahead and get a 12" it'll be more ideal for everything i'm looking for.

That'd be awesome if i could pick the speaker i want and then you guys tell me the amp and dimensions of the enclosure to go with. Would you like to do that? Let me know....i can see this turning into some fun!

Thanks fellaz!

Old 11-05-2007, 01:46 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: pfcmooney

That'd be awesome if i could pick the speaker i want and then you guys tell me the amp and dimensions of the enclosure to go with. Would you like to do that? Let me know....i can see this turning into some fun!

Thanks fellaz!
Im off this week so just let me know what Sub you want and I can help you find a good amp and design you a suitable enclosure...

Old 11-05-2007, 01:52 PM

Good Deal, I'm going to go to the speaker shop now and let you know what speakers i liked.....and you can let me know which ones you'd go with, and what type of amp.

I appreciate it bro!

Old 11-05-2007, 02:32 PM

Okay, I went down and got me some prices on speakers that i liked....these are all 12" speakers and priced as individuals.....

MTX RT12 (200w/ rms // 400w max)----$60
Swiss Audio SPL 1291 (700w max)----$75
Audio Bahn AW 1200Q----$75
Kicker CVR----$115
Rockford Punch P2 DVC----$100
Power Acoustic (800w max)----$100

Old 11-05-2007, 05:14 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: pfcmooney

Okay, I went down and got me some prices on speakers that i liked....these are all 12" speakers and priced as individuals.....

MTX RT12 (200w/ rms // 400w max)----$60
Swiss Audio SPL 1291 (700w max)----$75
Audio Bahn AW 1200Q----$75
Kicker CVR----$115
Rockford Punch P2 DVC----$100
Power Acoustic (800w max)----$100
scratch these off your list because they are crap;
-audiobahn
-rockford p2
-swiss audio

I can tell you right now, the best bang for your buck will be the MTX RT12

Quick Reply: 12" Box where spare tire sits...