Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

15 18

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 12:50 AM
Steve-o will become famous soon enough
Default 15 18

after some recent posts about subs, I think a few of you know what I like. based on that and some of you guys experiences and opinions, do you think id be happier with 2 15s or 1 18 in my blazer? 1 18 would be cheaper but you never know what deals I might find on craigslist or something when money comes to my pocket.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:54 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

The two 15's will require about the same size enclosure as the 18. Given that the two 15's have about 30% more cone area than the single 18 they definitely have the potential for more output. It really comes down to how much you want to spend. Quality subs in a proper enclosure are going to sound great no matter which direction you go with the size. Add to that the fact the enclosure requirements will be nearly the same as well then you have only the once decision to make, "How much are you willing to spend?"

Be aware that whichever size you decide to go with will be needing an enclosure in the 7 to 8cuft NET size. That plus the port and bracing for a box that size will put the total enclosure size in the realm of 9 to 10+ cu.ft. in size. Be certain you're willing to give up that much room in the back of the truck before going with either option. Either that or look for drivers that specifically work well for sealed enclosures.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:47 AM
Steve-o will become famous soon enough

you don't really know what you want/like till you play with it so <..> this would be something latter this year

Old 02-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Starting Member
99bblazer99 is on a distinguished road

ive ran multiple set ups in my blazer and imo 1 18 is gonna be good for sound quality but 2 15s will be louder. but this is all my opinion. you gotta factor in if you still want to hear your mids and highs with the bass. 2 15s your looking at 2.5 to 3.5 cuft per sub depending on the brand. 1 18 will be more space effective as you only need 6 to 7 cuft for 1 18.