Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

1999 Blazer NO SOUND for Right Side Speakers..... ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Starting Member
Katmandu is on a distinguished road
Question 1999 Blazer NO SOUND for Right Side Speakers..... ???

I have a 99 Blazer that had an OEM stereo in it. There was NO sound at all out of the Right side speakers (right side dash and 2 rightside door speakers).

I went ahead and replaced the OEM head unit with a known good older aftermarket head unit I had laying around.

After I put the other head unit in, there STILL is NO sound coming from the right side speakers.

The factory wiring/harness/plug all appeared original and in very good shape. I used quality connectors/crimps with all connections as well.

What's going on with my truck ?

Thanks

Old 09-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Bravado is on a distinguished road

You don't have an amp do you?

Old 09-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

probably something as simple as a broken wire probably in your door would be my guess, I juat lost my front speakers on my blazer because of the same thing

Old 09-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Bravado is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Biohazed
probably something as simple as a broken wire probably in your door would be my guess, I juat lost my front speakers on my blazer because of the same thing
Probably

The dash and front door speakers go through the same wire; so if you pinch it before it splits, it could affect the front right. It just seems weird that you could only pinch the right side wires though.... especially being they are wrapped with others. Maybe something wrong with the harness?

Old 09-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bravado
Probably

The dash and front door speakers go through the same wire; so if you pinch it before it splits, it could affect the front right. It just seems weird that you could only pinch the right side wires though.... especially being they are wrapped with others. Maybe something wrong with the harness?
maybe, but they do cut off independantly like the Driver's side bearly ever works but the passenger side works when it wants to

Old 09-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Beginning Member
mb6790 is on a distinguished road

i had this same exact problem after installing my door speakers. Did you install them yourself? after i thought i had done a good job, it turned out that the metal leads were making contact to the metal frame of the door, shorting out, my front right dash and right doors didnt play at all. it took me a while to figure out all i needed to do was put electrical tape around the back of the leads so no othe metal came into contact with them. try it out. even if one speaker is shorting it can do crazy things. mine also would work after i hit a bump or made a turn etc. let me know if this helps.

Last edited by mb6790; 09-08-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Starting Member
Katmandu is on a distinguished road
Question

Originally Posted by mb6790
i had this same exact problem after installing my door speakers. Did you install them yourself? after i thought i had done a good job, it turned out that the metal leads were making contact to the metal frame of the door, shorting out, my front right dash and right doors didnt play at all.
That's bizarre.

All the speakers are original in my truck. I checked the wiring on the Right Front door speaker and all appeared fine.

I'm pondering just pulling the radio back out and rewiring the Right side speakers....

Is there a Common wire that goes to all (3) Right side speakers ??

Anyone have a schematic of wiring for a 99 Blazer ?

Thanks