Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2 or 4 channel

Old 02-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Steve-o will become famous soon enough

yea ima look into a set of pioneer 5.25 components (atleast for the grand prix). I actuly like pioneers non entry level stuff (only headunit I really care to run too)

Old 02-14-2014, 08:35 PM

ehh id rather spring the extra 20ish to get the Nendos

Last edited by Steve-o; 02-14-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:45 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Have you actually heard the Crescendos? The Pioneer TS-D1320C's and TS-D1720C's are really nice sounding components for the money. Not sure which Pioneers you were referring to but those are hard to beat for the money. I like trying new equipment and for those prices it's doable without losing your *** but considering the age and experience of the R&D department that Pioneer has at their disposal compared to Crescendo I'd really want to hear the Crescendos installed in a vehicle first.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Old 02-14-2014, 08:54 PM

could just run it off the 5 channel I have

TIS Audio T510PK 5-Channel Amplifier with Loaded 10" Subwoofer check the amp that is in that kit.

ATM its in the blazer wired up to those mtxs (cant beat free lol)

if so, with little power that it would be pulling would I really need to get a battery shure enough for that and the Q1200. I might could go to a local battery store and see what AGMs they have. btw when looking at a non audio agm battery, what numbers should I look for, for the wattage im running?

Old 02-16-2014, 10:50 AM

I wouldn't use that amp as a permanent solution. I couldn't find a single place on the internet that gave the correct specs for the amp, they were all different. The one consistency I did find was that it only has 50A of fusing which tells me it's not at all a very powerful amp. It's probably not the highest quality amplification of the signal either.

As for the battery, like the suggestion I made for the amp for your highs, buy the biggest one you can afford. The added capacity helps to keep the voltage up when the draw exceeds the alternators ability to keep up. So you're using a SQ1200 now, if you only buy a battery big enough to help with that size amp and you upgrade to a SQ2200 later on for example then you'll need more capacity again. The numbers to look at is the "Ah" or the amp hour capacity of the battery.

If you follow the basic hierarchy of how the rated capacity is for a rated amount of power you'll want to get a battery rated for about 25Ah to go with the SQ1200. That's all, not a very large battery at all. If you can buy one that's in the 50 to 75Ah neighborhood you'll be good for just about anything you ever plan to use and without spending the big cash you would on one that was 100+Ah.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:18 AM

o you have any experience with fitting a sub n a single cab Toyota pickup. I haven't done any measurments but I know its smaller then a normal single cab. if the box fits iv came up with this,

Ground Shaker ST 1 8-GRAY (st18-gray) 8” Single Sealed Single Cab

Pioneer TS-SW841D (TSSW841D) 8" Single 4 ohm Shallow-Mount Sub

Old 02-17-2014, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Steve-o
o you have any experience with fitting a sub n a single cab Toyota pickup. I haven't done any measurments but I know its smaller then a normal single cab. if the box fits iv came up with this,

Ground Shaker ST 1 8-GRAY (st18-gray) 8” Single Sealed Single Cab

Pioneer TS-SW841D (TSSW841D) 8" Single 4 ohm Shallow-Mount Sub
Not directly but I can say that a single 8" sub in a sealed enclosure is going to be fairly weak. If you weren't looking for anything more than a little extra added low end at low to moderate listening levels this would be a viable solution. Wanting anything more from it would be an exercise in futility.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:49 AM

its for my dads truck, he's not a bass head, but all these trucks have is 2 4inch coax. which his are factory and ****ty, OLD pioneer headunit that dosent turn on anymore. so I planned to give him a little better system in there after insurance come march. (hes in his 60s so bass isn't his thing like what I like) and I will not modify anything on his truck (as in cutting to make something fit) for what he likes I was just gonna run my little 5 channel in there since that's all he really needs.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:53 AM

THAT is a PERFECT plan for both that 5 channel and the 8" sub and box setup. Those goals will be easily met and equipment properly utilized. Very good plan there my friend. Your dad should be very happy with the results.

When you install the new equipment be sure to utilize the HPF crossovers in the new HU on the new 4" speakers so as to let the sub take care of all the low end stuff. It will make for a nicely balanced setup and keep distortion from such small speakers from ever being an issue for him.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2 or 4 channel