Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2 Cadence TXA-1000D's

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:32 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 Cadence TXA-1000D's

Gonna order 2 of these since I've heard they're really good. Just want an opinion on mounting amps to the box. Is this bad? Can the screw holes crack? (Saying I predrilled the holes and screwed them in nicely). Can it vibrate the amp to death? Probably not, right? A lot of people mount their amps to the box..
I figure one behind the amp and one mounted to the top would be the only way to keep my trunk space at a maximum. My box is 33" long and 16" wide. The amp is 25" long and 9.2" wide so it won't be a problem.
Just asking opinions on doing this incase people have bad experiences with mounting amps to the box. My box is carpeted so it's a fairly smooth/soft surface.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:40 AM
dbleon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 2 Cadence TXA-1000D's

Some people say its bad for the amp to be vibrating all the time, but niether me nor any of my three brothers have had any problems with ours over the last 10-15 years... so i say go for it!

Old 04-03-2008, 01:55 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 2 Cadence TXA-1000D's

Yay, thank you!