Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2004 Blazer deck installation help

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Bode8692 is on a distinguished road
Default 2004 Blazer deck installation help

I own a 2004 2 door blazer and i am going to attempt to install a new bazooka tube in the back this weekend. From what i hear you can tap into the back speakers but the sound would be crap. I would like to hook it up via rca but i need a new deck for that.

I don't know what deck i need or the accessories(harness, wiring, ect.) i need for it. Any suggestions would be great.

Also i am not tech savy. This will be my first car audio installation. Are there any threads with pics about deck installation/taking the dash apart. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:50 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

The deck you need, is whatever one has the capabilities you want it to be able to do. IPOD control, HD Radio, DVD playback or whatever it is that your heart desires as long as it fits into your budget, is the deck you should get. Some places like Crutchfield and Sonicelectronix (my personal favorite) include installation accessories for free, so that should help you out as well. If nothing else you can use their site for the part numbers of the installation accessories you need for your specific vehicle.

As far as threads and pics of deck installation, you should be able to find several here and around the interwebz. It's really not too difficult and once you've done it once you'll likely not have a problem doing it ever again.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:16 PM

Thanks, i went on that sonicelectronix site and looked at some head units and i found a good one but it says i need this part: Scosche GM09SR (New Revised Version of DCGM09B) Select 1999-2005 which is a 60 dollar part. Do i really need this? If so there would be no point in buying a head unit, i was trying to spend less than 100 bucks.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:57 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

The chimes from leaving your keys in the ignition when you open your door, or leaving your headlights on chime/beep/sound through the factory stereo. Without this device you won't hear any of the warning chimes. You don't NEED this item at all. Me and my little brother installed his JVC HU without one in his 2008 Grand Prix and he's not had any issues at all. One way to be sure is to simply disconnect the factory radio. If the vehicle still starts and drives with no issues then there's no problem, and I suspect it will. There have been some cars that wouldn't start without the factory stereo in, but I doubt your blazer would ever be one of them. Unless you have and USE Onstar, then you'll have to have the adapter in order to hear the operator and function the Onstar system. If not then just get a standard wiring harness.

Last edited by altoncustomtech; 06-13-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:43 PM

I ordered one without that cable as i really don't the little chimes. Thanks for your help and ill post back if i need some help/when im done. Cheers!